Classification: 6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract –with possible extension (G4)
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of Senior Logistics & Procurement Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible in providing support in various procurement and logistics activities in accordance with IOM rules, procedures and regulations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research of the local market for procurement of goods or services requested by programmes as well as for office premises and equipment maintenance.
- Execute procurement processes that include requesting bids, preparing bids analyses, purchase orders, receiving reports and requests for payments.
- Assist in reviewing procurement documents to determine adequacy of documentation, proper recording and accuracy of recorded transactions, noting any deviations or errors.
- Prepare tendering documentation, review pertinent required tender documents and eligibility criteria, ensuring compliance with IOM Procurement policies and procedures.
- Organize and perform secretariat functions for Bids Evaluation and Award Committee (BEAC) for processing competitive bidding procurement, including preparation of minutes of meetings, bids summary, review of vendor documents, liaising with Global Procurement Support Unit (GPSU), draft notice of award and procurement agreements.
- Maintain all supporting documentation and requisite authorizations in accordance with IOM rules and regulations throughout the procurement process, including Purchase Requisition Forms (PRFs), Bids Analysis Summary, Purchase Orders, and Delivery Receipts and Way Bills.
- Ensure that the procurements made in the field are all properly documented and are in accordance with any contracting arrangements in place.
- Liaise with LEG (Legal) and GPSU for Implementing Partner (IP) agreements and amendment processing in accordance with IOM Procurement principles, rules and regulations.
- Examine received goods or services compliance with ordered specifications and quality, including visits to programs activities sites for verifications and quality control of ordered/delivered goods and services.
- Support in the maintenance of office and personnel assets inventory.
- Support in the vehicles, office premises and equipment maintenance.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in procurement and logistics to timely source goods and services;
- Proficiency in MS office applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers to secure cost-effective quality solutions;
- Experience in international operations in a post conflict environment is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 21 December 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Procurement Assistant
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)