Classification: 6 months Special Short Term Ungraded Contract -with possible extension
Under the overall guidance of the Logistics / Procurement Officer in Ankara with close coordination with the Head of Sub-office in Istanbul, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant in Istanbul, the incumbent will be responsible the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the planning, implementation, controlling and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support IOM’s humanitarian activities at Istanbul sub-office, including: organize and maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services, storage and warehousing, documentation, and equipment up-grading.
• Liaise with the Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant regarding procurement requests and requirements, to consolidate overall procurement requirements and optimize purchasing power.
• Responsible for all financial aspects relating to procurement and logistical needs within the sub-office.
• Responsible for planning procurement actions and analysis of procurement requests.
• Ensure that the Purchase Requisition Forms submitted to Procurement Unit are perfectly completed; regarding needful signatures, WBS/s and the final authorization of the programme, HoSO, and CoM or his designated officer.
• Assist in collecting quotations, preparing bids analysis, processing Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
• Identification of vendors, evaluate them against performance, reliability, quality, price, delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests and donor mandates. Taking under consideration while conducting a bidding process, the value of money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after selling services, and the company profile / reputation.
• Ensure that all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) are posted into PRISM FI accurately and on a timely manner to ensure that all procurement requests are captured in the system and commitments for various requirements are properly captured.
• Make sure to get a suitable delivery period which meets the projects implementation schedule.
• Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
• Ensure through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
• Responsible for the receipt of the consignments and cargo shipments.
• Ensure that the newly procured assets are registered in PRISM and assigned respective Assets Master Numbers.
• Ensure that the “Goods Receipt Notes” are acknowledged by the Requisitioner when the services/works are rendered and/or the goods are received.
• Submit with supporting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
• Conduct and follow up on the kitchen needs, office needs, supplies, and stationery in Istanbul Office and replenish when needed. Ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss.
• Archiving system update and management with proper labels. Ensure that all procurement files are accurately documented and arranged for secure and systematic filing of all logistics related documents, contracts, etc.
• Conducting outdoor activities when necessary for checking prices, collecting bids, procuring with cash, handing over the commodities to the beneficiaries, etc.
• Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
• University degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or any other related fields
• Minimum 2 years of experience
• Turkish: fluent / written and spoken
• English: fluent / written and spoken
• Interfaces across units and departments within IOM to extract relevant information
• Communicates clearly and consistently
• Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services
• Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 27 February 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Procurement Assistant
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)