Post Title: Procurement Officer
Duty station: Gaziantep (Turkey)
Duration of assignment: 2 months / 40 working days.
Contract type: service contract
Starting date: ASAP
Expertise France is the French international technical expertise agency.
Its goal is to respond to the growing needs of developing or emerging countries and assist their institutions in developing efficient and sustainable public policies in the fields of Economic Development, Public Finance, Governance and Human Rights, Stability, Safety and Security, Social Protection, Sustainable Development and Health.
Under the joint tutelage of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy, Expertise France develops its actions within the framework of French foreign policy in the areas of development, solidarity, and influence. The agency holds a portfolio of more than 300 projects in over 80 countries manages an annual turnover above €130 million and has implemented 63,000 working days in 2015.
Context of the assignment:
The Syrian conflict is having a devastating and lasting impact on Syria and across the region. Initially peaceful have turned into an internal armed conflict. With the conflict in its seventh year, the needs of the affected populations for assistance are of an unprecedented scale.
The European Union joint Program, partly implemented by Expertise France has been developed in order to respond quickly to the needs of the Syrian population in a way that is conducive to local governance, early recovery and stabilization, by directly engaging with reliable partners inside Syria to deliver basic services to the population.
In the framework of this Program, Expertise France (EF) wants to recruit aProcurement Officer.
- Activities and goals of the consultancy
The objective of the assignment is to assist EF by providing Technical Assistance to Administrative and Financial Unit for the provision of equipment and supplies for the good achievement of its programmes.
- Alongside with the programme managers and implementing partners, establish the list of equipment necessary for the implementation of livelihoods-related projects
- Identify the most appropriate sourcing procedure options for the identified needs (i.e. negotiated procedure, local or international tenders, competitive dialogue…)
- Provide a provisional pricing for the procurement and eventual shipment of the identified equipment and materials
- Assist the administrative and financial coordinator and the programme managers and in the project cycle management whenever it is related to procurement and shipment aspects.
- Implement and improve Expertise France’s procurement-related procedures in the frame of its Programmes in Syria
- In liaison with the concerned programme manager, coordinate and discuss with the implementing partners to better understand the technical needs and constraints of the equipment to be purchased
- Coach the implementing partners to make sure they apply Expertise France’sprocedures currently enforced
- Coach Expertise France Turkey staff on best practices concerning procurement process
- Preparing the tender dossier (Invitation to tender, instruction to tenderers, Tender Form, special and general conditions and other forms).
- Assisting the project team in reviewing the evaluation of the offers
- Drafting the negotiation reports and selection minutes
- Support the headquarter in preparing the contracts
- Qualification and skills
- University degree in laws, economy or administration or equivalent.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Turkish, Arabic is an asset.
- Strong report writing skills in English
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 3years in procurement and contract management
- Knowledge of PRAG procurement rules
- Professional experience within international cooperation programme would be an advantage
- Experience to work in emergency response and under short deadlines
- Honest, flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others;
- Weekly and monthly Reports
- Tender dossier
- Selection minutes
- Application Procedure
Please submit your cover letter and CV before 29/12/2017 in English (in subject the position applied) to:
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), English (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)