Program Assistant, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) – 100%
Team of the Regional Humanitarian Advisor based at the Swiss Embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
Entry date: 1 November 2017, or at earliest convenience.
One-year contract (possibility of extension).
University degree in political or social sciences, or a similar field.
Fluency in Turkish and English, orally and in writing, and preferably knowledge of a third language (Arab, French or German).
Experience in administrative and organizational support in the context of international cooperation and/or civil society work.
The networking and social skills to assist the team of the Regional Humanitarian Advisor in relations with internal and external partners.
Aptitude to undertake research in support of SDC in Turkey (media monitoring, screening of reports, documentation related to specific issues).
The competencies necessary to provide administrative and logistics support to the team of the Regional Humanitarian Advisor (meetings and liaison, travel, expense accounts).
Readiness for travel in Turkey to provide support to the team of the Regional Humanitarian Advisor and visitors.
OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
Provide support to SDC’s Regional Advisory function in Ankara and to SDC’s activities in Turkey. Ensure that the work of SDC’s Team in Turkey is well-organized on a day-by-day basis, and actively participate in its longer-term work planning. Contribute to the liaison between SDC in Turkey and internal structures, structures, external humanitarian partners, donor representatives and the diplomatic community.
- Provide administrative, organizational and logistics support to the SDC Team in Turkey (arrangement of meetings, agenda management, travel planning and bookings, expense accounts).
- Assist SDC’s National Programme Officer in Ankara in Project Cycle Management of projects funded by SDC in Turkey (documentation and follow up, reporting, liaison with project partners).
- Follow, and collect for documentation, the information from media, NGOs, the UN and other sources in connection with social and humanitarian developments in Turkey and the Syria crisis. Screen them and draw attention to issues of special interest, including through summaries and reports. Take minutes of meetings.
- Deputize SDC’s National Programme Officer in liaising with NGOs and other partners in Turkey
- Accompany SDC’s Regional Adviser and/or the National Programme Officer on travels to ensure support and participate in discussions with partners and counterparts.
This position is open to Turkish nationals or valid work permit holders.
Eligible candidates are invited to send their application (a CV and a cover letter in one document) in English to programassistant.CH@gmail.com by 10 September 2017. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Sector EU Experts / Project Team
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)