Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
SHAFAK is in the process of establishing a new Community Center in Idleb city. The Community Center is aimed at improving the psychosocial wellbeing of host and IDPs communities through various social activities, awareness raising workshops, life skills training, and counseling sessions. SHAFAK is looking for a program coordinator for Community Center to contribute to the development of Community Center program strategy, and strengthen the operational protection response.
Gaziantep – Turkey
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities:
- Analysis and understanding of the project scope (requirements, assumptions, constraints, risks, and other influences).
- Technical knowledge in child protection and case management.
- Creation of the project management plan to meet the need of the project and the organizational process and procedures.
- Participate in oversee authorization and performance of activities to produce the project deliverables.
- Measure and monitor the project’s progress and appropriate actions to meet the project objectives.
- Oversee all project activities in terms of scope, financial, and time.
- Follow-up funds received for the project in terms of receiving and dispensing and documentation of all funds received legal bills, to maintain financial transparency constantly.
- Maintain the principles of humanitarian work and community based approached during the implementation of the project.
- Looking for opportunities to creatively meet the needs of vulnerable populations while ensuring the project remains in line with the declared policy and demonstrated sensitivity of local authorities toward beneficiaries and in line with best practice and international standards.
- Help hire, supervise and manage the performance of the community program in the field to effectively serve their roles in community.
- Conduct field visits to enhance and/or monitor the project.
- Submit monthly financial and operational report of project to the program manager.
- Have a good change control process.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- University degree (Psychological or sociology studies)
- Good knowledge of English
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in CP projects management
- Preferably minimum of 2year professional experience in Protection sector/Child protection sub-cluster.
- Very good computer skills.
- High communication skills.
- Good knowledge of and daily follow-up with the situation in Syria
- Self-motivation, initiative with a high level of energy;
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of SHAFAK
- Ability to work well in a team and under pressure and in response to changing needs;
Training (Online/ physical):
The Office holder should be received certificate in:
- Child Protection in Emergencies
- Child Safeguarding policy
- Psychosocial First Aid
- Introduction to Psychosocial Support
- UNHCR Protection Induction Program
- Personal Safety and Security E-course or Staying Safe
- Project management in development sector (PMD pro 1)
- Case managements.
The training available in DisasterReady.org website as online training
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Please apply in English by downloading the application form from the this link:
Submit the completed form and CV to sending your up to date CV with a cover letter to Career@shafak.org by 21-Mar-2018 (Turkish local time).
Indicate the Job Code and Postion applied for on the subject line.
Note that any application without the Job Code may not be processed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Service
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree Doctorate
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)