Hatay: 2 Vacant Positions
Şanlıurfa: 2 Vacant Positions
With the crisis in Syria in its fourth year, a political solution is still to be found as the conflict remain unresolved and the heavy fighting between the government and opposition forces has continued throughout the country generating regional refugee crisis. 3.9 million Syrian refugees are living in neighboring countries, with over 2.7 million in Turkey. While over 260,000 Syrians are living in 25 camps across Turkey, the remaining 2.5 million (accounting for 90%) live outside of camps in urban and rural areas throughout the country.
In line with the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP), IOM is providing multiservice assistance for Syrians including transportation, NFIs, support to food kitchens, voucher distributions, and support to community centers established by NGOs, reaching approximately 500,000 individuals to date. Under the overall supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation assistants, the successful candidate will be mainly responsible for field level accountability and feedback mechanisms, making sure AAP mechanisms are applied and reporting complaints and feedback mechanisms for IOMs Refugee projects.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator based in Gaziantep and direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office in Hatay and technical supervision of Senior Cash Technical Assistant based in Gaziantep, the incumbent will be responsible in following up on field tasks related to CBA programing like conducting assessments and vendors identification, follow up with AAP team, communicating with vendors and beneficiaries in addition to supporting field teams during data collection and distribution process.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake assessments for Refugees across SE provinces in the field using IOM data collection tools as required according to IOM guidelines.
- Assist in the distribution of IOM E-Vouchers or other emergency items as required to selected beneficiaries.
- Undertake vendor identification assessments and collect other required documents in coordination with Procurement and Logistics unit staff as required according to IOM guidelines.
- Maintain positive relationships with beneficiaries, local authorities, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Daily reporting on activities and progress to the direct supervisor as well as any issues/problems encountered.
- Support the Cash-Based Assistance (CBA) unit in processing documents related to vendors and service providers during contracting and payment phases.
- Prepare and follow up on administrative issues related to cash top-ups, PRs, PVs etc.
- Support daily administrative processes related to vendor selection and contracting in coordination with Logistics/Procurement, RMO, and Finance units;
- Maintain regular communication with vendors ensuring the monitoring of work status and performance;
- Prepare distribution and top-up lists;
- Coordinate with call centre operators in order to ensure the receipt of beneficiary complaints and feed it back to AAP team.
- Follow up on all complaints with CBA management in order to identify a solution.
- Perform such other task as may be assigned.
- University degree in Sociology, Economics, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in the humanitarian sector;
- Strong knowledge of accountability affecting population tools and methodologies;
- Computer/software literate, skills in excel, PowerPoint, kobo tool box, and report writing;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with vendors and beneficiaries;
- Familiar with innovative systems used in humanitarian sectors and skills of fast learning;
- Proven ability to manage self under pressure and stress, and maintain ethical and professional conduct.
- Fluency in Turkish, and English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 26 June 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)