Under the overall supervision of Senior Project Assistant in Izmir and the direct supervision of National Officer (Protection Psychosocial Support) in Gaziantep and in close coordination with Mobile PSS Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible in providing individual counselling services for Syrians. Also, s/he will identify severe cases that require specialized intervention and refer them to the specialized services. Finally, s/he will implement family and individual support sessions in close coordination with the other team members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual counselling services for Syrian refugees
- Identify severe cases that require specialized intervention and refer them to the specialized services.
- Coordinate with the team members as to referring cases that need to be integrated within the psychosocial animation groups.
- Provide psychosocial first aid to the affected population in case of sudden/on-going emergency or when needed.
- Conduct group support with individuals and families.
- Prepare reports on the sessions conducted and map existing needs
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in psychology, counselling or in a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience; or;
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Practical experience in counselling services or related activities;
- Effective clinical work with a wide range of individual and cultural diversity is an advantage;
- Advanced intervention with adults and clinical experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of Turkish is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 27 June 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)