The objective of this Terms of Reference (ToR) is to clarify the responsibilities and qualifications of the Consultant and expected deliverables expected from his/her work. The mission is to be completed the given in the timeline.
The International Children’s Center (ICC) is a non-governmental organization set up to promote the physical, mental and social well-being of children, adolescents/youth and women in the community within the framework of health and human right. ICC has four programmes addressing different sets of issues that children and young people face today. Child Woman and Family Health Programme, Adolescent Health and Adolescent Reproductive Health Programme, Newborn and Early Childhood Development Programme and Child Rights Programme all work for the same cause, helping duty bearers and rights holders together realise rights of children and young people. Guided by its mandate and agreed programmes of work, ICC organizes and implements advocacy activities, research, training, policy making and capacity building activities and networking with like-minded organizations.
Sexual Reproductive Health and Right Program priority is to prevent harmful practices against women and girls, to contribute to gender equality, to improve the health of adolescents and young people, and to defend the health and rights of adolescents, young people and women globally.
Position: Project Assistant
Category: Project Management, Meetings/Trainings/Workshops, sexual & reproductive health rights/gender
Schedule: Full-time 18 months
The Assistant is expected to provide advice and spearhead the activities of the Program in accordance with the ToR presented below.
Duties and Requirements
- Liaise and work closely with government institutions and national and local policymakers in undertaking program activities.
- Oversee and coordinate production of all materials, as well as their distribution and all related logistics.
- Liaise and work with NGOs, media and policymaker in the area of young people’s SRHR and gender issues in the program area.
- Monitor all program activities as per ICC and donor requirements, and participate in developing and conducting program activities.
- Work closely with the Finance and Administration Officer on all financial matters regarding the program, in full compliance with financial procedures of the donor, including financial monitoring and reporting.
- Provide input in and contribute to drafting program and projects narrative and financial reports, as per donor requirements.
- Logistics coordination and preparation for events/activities/meetings/consultations
- Must be free to travel inside/outside Turkey
- Maintain institutional relations with relevant authorities and UN offices.
- Represent ICC in relevant meetings, forums, and events.
- Work on other ICC projects, as required
- Flexible to travel including abroad
- Other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of SRHR Programme of ICC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Demography, Development, Public Health, Health management, academic equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of gender issues, preferably working on projects related to sexual and reproductive health and rights as well as research and training.
- Experience in working on these issues at both the community and institutional level.
- Proven project management experience in planning, financial management, monitoring, evaluation, report writing, administration and logistics.
- At least five years of experience in liaising and working with UN and/or EU Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and gender issues.
- Demonstrates substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirements with excellence
- Contribute, as a team member, to the overall success of the assignment.
- Strong reporting, communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Demonstration of strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment, under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also assume responsibility and work independently.
- Experience working in compliance with donor rules and regulations, especially in terms of finance, monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Nationality: Turkish
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English, by indicating “Project Assistant SRHR/Gender” in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: March 10, 2018 – 17:30
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Project Assistant
- Highest Degree Doctorate
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)