Location: Turkey – Ankara
Starting date: June 2018
Period of implementation: 12 months
Expertise France is a French public agency under the tutelage of the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy and Finance with a strong inter-ministerial vocation. Expertise France offers project engineering and technical assistance by developing and implementing international cooperation actions worldwide. The agency operates in various fields of development and institutional cooperation including safety and security reform, post-crisis/ stability, public health, human rights, strengthening of institutions and NGOs and governance. Carrying out large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects, Expertise France can ensure the cooperation between individuals, teams and institutions with very different statuses, cultures and specialties. Besides, Expertise France has acquired a sound experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale international projects and is accredited by the European Union for the management of delegated Community funds.
The Middle East is currently experiencing a profound crisis. The conflicts in Syria and Iraq are both a reflection and a transmitter of this crisis, with growing potential to further destabilise neighbouring countries and the wider region. These crises have resulted in a humanitarian disaster affecting more than 13.5 million people who were forced to flee their homes from Syria, and more than 17 million people in need of humanitarian aid (12.2 in Syria and 5.2 in Iraq).
The programme “Qudra – Resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs and Host communities in Response to the Syrian and Iraqi Crises” is a regional action that seeks to strengthen the resilience of Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities in response to the Syrian and Iraqi crises in five areas or modules (Specific Objectives, SO). Qudra is commissioned and financed by the EU Regional Madad Trust Fund and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The Programme has a duration period from June 2016 – June 2019. It is implemented in Jordan, Lebanon, North Iraq (Kurdistan Region of Iraq), and Turkey by a group of European Member States Agencies, led by GIZ, the Spanish Organisation AECID, and Expertise France and Hungarian Interchurch Aid (HIA). It covers five specific objectives (SO); Education Infrastructure (SO1); Skills Development (SO2); Social Cohesion (SO3); Supporting Local Administration (SO4); Facilitating Dialogue and Dissemination (SO5). The specific objectives and implementing partners vary across the countries.
In Turkey, Expertise France implements part of the SO3 related to Social Cohesion. The Specific Objective is to foster social cohesion between Syrian refugees and their host communities. It will be achieved through assisting local structures in strengthening their outreach services and bringing Turkish communities and Syrian refugees closer together through a variety of joint activities. Building social cohesion between host and refugee communities comes at the very heart of the proposed action. To do so, activities revolve around 3 pillars: (i) community based activities, (ii) support local institutions, (iii) dissemination of the information. Expertise France work closely Ministry of National Education, Civil society organisations and GIZ.
Expertise France is looking for Project Assistant to support the programme implementation. The position is based in Ankara with frequent travel to Istanbul and the provinces where the activities will be implemented (Istanbul, Hatay, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa).
Description of the Tasks
Under the general supervision of the Programme Manager, Project Assistant’s responsibility is to assist program through:
- Providing logistical and day to day administrative support to the Team, including coordinating office supplies, copying, filing, travel arrangements, etc.
- Providing ad hoc translation and interpretation
- Coordinating all the logistical arrangements of the project activities
- Working closely with any logistical support staff provided by the Ministry of National Education (MoNE) for specific activities
- Liaising with the project stakeholders in the provinces for the organisational an logistic support to activities
- Recording project expenditure incurred in Ankara, and project provinces with clear financial, administrative and audit procedures
- Providing timely distribution of publications, promotional and training materials
- Writing minutes of all project-related meetings (both in English and Turkish)
- Support the Administrative and Financial Officer to establish and maintain efficient administrative and financial systems and procedures for smooth running of the operations.
- Perform any other program, finance or administrative related duties as requested by the Programme Manager and Administrative and Financial Officer.
University degree (preferably in social sciences or translation and interpreting)
At least 2 years working experience in international (preferably in EU funded) projects
Fluent in Turkish and English with strong writing skills
Strong written and spoken communication skills
Good knowledge of MS office
Experience in working with public institutions will be an asset
Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills
Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
Location and Duration
Location: Ankara with frequent travels in Istanbul, Hatay, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa.
Starting date: June 2018
Period of implementation: 12 months
Deadline of submission: 2nd June 2018
Applications must be made in English. Please send your applications to the following email addresses:
With the reference to “project assistant”
– A CV, including references
– A Cover letter
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Project Assistant
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3, 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)