Under direct supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Team Leader and overall supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be based in Istanbul and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding Syrian family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of the FAP activities and provide logistical/administrative support during the set-up period;
- Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards;
- Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the VIDEX online application form as per checklists and conduct completeness checks on all documentation before their visa appointment;
- Provide migrants with accurate information in a timely manner. This will include distributing information sheets, the Integration Handbook and visa requirement checklists; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
- Data Capture: Maintain high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms; enter required applicant data, lodge application documents in the required order in IOM-designated folders for applicants to submit to Embassy at their scheduled interview time;
- Make informal translations of documents, communication and meetings for the Project Coordinator as needed;
- Communicate with the German press, NGOs and other external German stakeholders on FAP related items in close coordination with the Project Coordinator;
- Call centre service: responsible for outreach to families and principle applicants to answer questions and provide remote guidance on form filling, visa requirements and general information;
- Appointment scheduling: Ensure appointment system for applicants coming to FAP is operated effectively;
- Reporting: Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
- Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times;
- Maintain positive working relationships with German Embassy staff locally;
- Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload;
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions;
- Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum 3 years (or 5 for candidates holding high school diploma) of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
Fluency in German and English is required; working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 24 July 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), German (C2, Level 6, Advanced)