The Association for the Protection of Cultural Heritage (KMKD) is searching to appoint an Istanbul-based Project Coordinator to manage the delivery of “Protecting and Disseminating Architectural and Intangible Heritage of Syriac (Asyrrian [Süryani]) Community in Turabdin”
The main objectives of the Project are as follows;
- Documentation of existing architectural heritage built by the Syriac community in the Turabdin region,
- Preparing the risk assessment reports for the preservation of the buildings at risk,
- Protecting and disseminating the Syriac language and cultural practices,
- Enlarging the network of experts, activists, initiatives and NGO’s working on protecting Syriac cultural heritage.
The main duty of the coordinator is to plan, coordinate and administer the series of events associated with the project. Please see details of main duties below.
- Create an inventory of Syriac architectural heritage in the region.
- Planning, organizing, carrying out and evaluating the site visits and workshops with an international group of experts.
- Deliver the events successfully, on time and within budget.
- Work with colleagues and external partners to organize speakers, experts and find suitable venues.
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics including any travel, flights, and accommodation arrangements as required.
- Preparation of progress and financial reports of the project.
- Provide regular contributions for the website and social media platforms
- Contribute to the wider KMKD agenda by applying expertise to other parts of our organisation.
Skills & Experience – Essential
- A master’s degree in a relevant discipline (preferably in cultural heritage management, architectural history, architectural preservation, or cultural studies) or equivalent research or work experience.
- Experience in event management, ideally in an international context.
- Experience in establishing partnerships.
- Demonstrable presentation and organizational skills.
- Basic IT skills.
- Fluency in Turkish and English (oral and written).
- No restrictions in travelling.
- No military obligations for male candidates for the next 12 months.
Skills & Experience – Desirable
- Knowledge of good practices in the heritage management sector.
- Experience in cultural heritage projects in Turkey.
- Familiarity with Syriac culture.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Syriac language.
- Experience in publication editing
Behaviours & Abilities
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Networking and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, yet also to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
Specifications and Requirements
Project Duration: from August 2018 till September 2019 (12 Months)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by mid-July and interviews will take place in the second half of July at the KMKD Office.
The work will commence immediately in August following the interviews and the appointment.
Please send the application form, your CV and a letter of motivation (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org until 6 PM on June 30, 2018.
The application form can be downloaded from the following address:
- Sector Civil Society
- Position Project Coordinator
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)