Location: Gaziantep – Turkey
Start Date: Immediate
Duration of assignment: 1 year with a possibility of extension
Application closing date: 29 September 2017 (Please do not wait for the deadline. Please complete your application as soon as possible)
Reports To: Deputy Executive Director
The Syrian Economic Forum (SEF), established in 2013, is an innovative think & do tank dedicated to building a free, pluralistic, and independent Syria that rests on a strong economy. It is the first think tank representing the interests and pro-democracy voice of the Syrian private sector. In upholding the principles of justice, truth, honor, and respect for human rights, SEF seeks to strengthen the Syrian economy, both now and in the long-term, to ensure a life of freedom and dignity for all Syrians.
SEF proposes a two-year project to enhance livelihoods by stimulating private enterprise and employment among refugees and members of host communities in Turkey. Activities will increase the technical capacities of vulnerable populations and contribute to enterprise development and job creation in the food sector. SEF’s project will be implemented in Gaziantep over the course of 24 months. The program will be anchored by the establishment of Food Enterprise Centers (FECs), and will serve as hubs for training and business development support for refugees and host community populations.
- Establish entrepreneur incubation centers in Gaziantep in coordination with implementing partners. This will involve a mapping and discovery process to find suitable locales and facilities, overseeing the establishment of co-working spaces with test kitchens and other shared facilities, development of specialized training content, establishing a suite of entrepreneur support services, and facilitating a business plan competition. This will also include planning for the long-term sustainability of the Centers.
- Implement and ensure completion of programmatic objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
- Work closely with project Director to manage the project on the ground, including coordinating relationships with local partner organizations, consultants, and other stakeholders.
- Guide the Project Coordinator and other Managers in their day-to-day work, ensuring that the activities are planned efficiently and implemented in compliance with SEF Executive Management team.
- Closely coordinate with the different support departments, namely Finances, Administration, Human Resources (HR), and Logistics, to ensure the proper allocation of the necessary resources for an efficient and effective implementation of the project(s);
- In coordination with SEF executive Management team, supervise and validate the budget plans and budget/logistics / administrative documentation, necessary for the allocation of resources for the implementation of the planned activities;
- Follow up with Project Coordinator on implementation of programmatic activities, in line with the projects’ work plans and M&E plans (Timelines, Milestones & Targets)
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- PMP/PMD-Pro Certified (highly preferable), especially in the food or hospitality industries sector.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years in management of people, administration, project management, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, general finance knowledge, experience with working and interpretation with data (preferable presentation of the documentary evidence);
- Experience in the food or hospitality industries preferred (food service, manufacturing, or retail, or related field).
- Strong project monitoring and management skills, including budget tracking, report writing, and interaction with diverse local partners.
- Fluent in English and Turkish or Arabic – written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, remote management, and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently,
- Ability to create new relations with active players in the field.
- High level of flexibility to adapt to new environment, handle workload, High level of problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be willing to travel for extended and multiple periods.
- This is a national post and candidates should have the right to work in Turkey at the time of application
How to apply:
- Please send your CV and cover letter via-email to HR@syrianef.org by 29 September 2017 and include the position title the subject line ( Project Manager), Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
- SEF offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package.
- Note that any application without the Position title may not be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Manager
- Position Project Manager
- Highest Degree Master
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)