JOB CODE: GEDS-MD0418
Work Permit: Not provided, Turkish Nationals Only
Relocation package: Not offered
We are an Istanbul-based design and innovation consultancy with a focus on design research. We utilize design-driven methodologies to connect organizations with the people they serve in novel ways. And for us, the process starts precisely with the needs and desires of the real people we serve. We call this “human-centricity.”
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and self-motivated project manager.
Ideal candidates must be solid professionals who are familiar with or want to grow in managing EU-funded projects. The role requires a strong entrepreneurial zeal with an awareness of intercultural working environment challenges. Strong language and documentation skills are a must.
GEDS aims to create a human-centric impact on the next economy. Therefore, one of our priorities is delivering high-quality of work with an impact focus. We have touched the lives of people in more than 20 countries via our clients in 10 industries so far. We straddle the exciting design and technology communities both in Europe and the United States, such as the Design Management Institute, Design for Europe and Singularity University.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams of designers, strategists, and engineers
- Maintaining responsibility for project budget from proposal through to project completion.
- Advise on project structure for new projects including defining an accurate scope of budget, de-risking project delivery, minimizing commercial risks and maximizing revenue and margin
- Managing multiple projects with specific responsibility for:
- Managing expectations
- Managing client stakeholders at all business levels
- Controlling project scope
- Ensuring timely deliverables
- Managing project risks and issues
- Managing 3rd parties
- Internal and external project reporting
- Help with day-to-day operations for project teams
- Support of the project’s overall implementation and reporting
- Drafting minutes of meetings, keeping track of project administrative work
- Willing to perform other related duties as and when required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years work experience in the same field, preferably in a consulting environment
- Ability to handle multiple planned and unplanned projects, roles and responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of project management principles, methods, tools and techniques.
- An undergraduate degree in economics, business administration or industrial engineering is ideal.
- First class attention to detail, while maintaining the overall understanding of projects.
- Experience working within the framework of EU-funded projects is an asset
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent knowledge of English and Turkish is a must and other European languages are a big plus
- Turkish-English / English-Turkish translation capabilities a strong asset
- A clear, consistent and transparent communicator.
- Flexible, proactive and optimistic approaches are a must
Application: Send a cover letter, CV, portfolio and/or any materials that will help us get to know you better to email@example.com. Make sure you write the job code and position title in the subject line of your email.
We are exacting about paperwork, so make sure your documents are well prepared and complete.
GEDS adheres to an equal opportunities policy for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, and/or national origin.
- Sector EU Experts / Project Team
- Level Employee
- Position Project Manager