|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Project delivery, management, coordination and quality assurance
- Hold overall responsibility for high-quality design and implementation of all aspects of the program, based on actual needs and response analysis.
- Provide strategic guidance, strong leadership and ensure technically sound decision-making processes in coordination with the Education and Child Protection Technical Advisors.
- Lead, coach, support and mentor project staff in the areas of responsibility in the delivery of the program’s goals and objectives.
- Represent Save the Children in all relevant fora at all times.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to Save the Children and BPRM rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely implementation of the program in collaboration with program staff, and relevant departments.
- Ensure regular and on time monitoring and monthly reporting on all program management aspects including the Award Action Plan (phased budget and actual expenses analysis, work-plan progress and updating, procurement plan revision, IPTT data collection and analysis and monitoring of indicators, partner sub-awards and capacity building plans). Flag and troubleshoot when issues arise during implementation.
- Take full responsibility for the delegated budget holding function on the programmatic aspects of the program, participate actively in award review meetings and contribute to financial decision making, ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor.
- Ensure that MEAL tools are systematically implemented and used by project staff and partner(s), in cooperation with the Program Development and Quality (PDQ) team.
- Support baseline surveys, regular monitoring, review and evaluation in cooperation with the MEAL team
- Foster an integrated approach by coordinating and cooperating with all other thematic areas during program implementation and for future program design and development.
- Produce high quality reports within agreed reporting schedules.
- Ensure that cross-cutting themes such as child participation, gender and DRR are effectively integrated throughout implementation.
- Ensure that established international, national and inter-agency standards and guidelines are followed.
- Ensure the Child Safeguarding Policy is understood by staff and partner(s) within the program and that it is integrated into all aspects of the team’s work.
- Document program learning, and incorporate analysis and lessons learned into new strategies/activities and advocacy work.
- Ensure that program delivery happens in strict adherence to security policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular contact with Save the Children’s relevant Technical Backstop to ensure donor needs are adhered to and technical design is in line with Save the Children’s Global strategic direction.
Performance management and capacity building
- Line-manage program staff in the areas of responsibility, ensuring they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance regularly, in collaboration with the human resources department.
- Identify capacity building requirements of staff and lead on development of capacity building plans, ensuring resourcing and implementation.
- Contribute to advocacy, strategies and research initiatives.
- Support fundraising in the areas of responsibility and in donor liaison where appropriate.
- Participate in Country Office emergency preparedness and planning processes.
- Where relevant, integrate emergency preparedness (awareness, activities) in all program planning and team meetings to ensure its consideration in all stages of programming
- In case of emergency, be prepared to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate and timely response.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding policy, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and level of responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Significant (4+ years) of experience working in emergency response or fragile state contexts
- Experience in managing Education programmes, focusing on supporting refugee populations in crisis areas for an international NGO.
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, and all aspects of project management.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and in building and maintaining a high performing team.
- Masters’ (or higher) degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Experience in promoting children’s rights and gender, including participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BPRM regulations and policies.
- Proven experience building capacity of local NGOs, and government bodies and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders.
- Inter-personal skills to influence and guide staff and partners in identifying programming opportunities and resolving programme challenges.
- Experience applying remote management techniques.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Turkish and English
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCIs Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
- Annual leave
- Inhouse Medical Facility, Accidental and Life insurance.
- Pick and drop facility
- A motivating work environment
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to email@example.com and mention the position that you are applying on the subject section. The advertisement will be closed on December 22nd 2017 at 5:30 PM (Turkey local time).