INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN’S CENTRE
Terms of Reference
Project Officer (Full-Time)
BACKGROUND AND RATIONALE
ICC’s previous work established an online Observatory of Child Friendly Justice served as a meeting point of professionals, institutions, experts, disciplines and NGOs. The Observatory was very well received by the professionals and public reaching 15.734 people from June 2015 to 12.1.2017. The present project foresees an endeavor that builds upon the previous efforts. It is foreseen to develop a ECtHR child rights database in the Observatory in order to encourage the lawyers to reference ECtHR judgements in their arguments in court which would both strengthen their applications in domestic courts and raise awareness among judges, prosecutors and law makers. Complemented by awareness raising activities and training activities, a project officer position is open for law and political science graduates.
The Project Officer interacts with a wide variety of colleagues within the International Children’s Center (ICC) and with stakeholders of the project and ICC with stakeholders of the project and ICC.
Project Officer will be based in the project office in ICC (Ankara Bilkent) and support the team with;
- Day to day coordination of project activities and experts,
- Close monitoring, support and contribution for the preparation and timely delivery of project outputs and deliverables,
- Coordination and logistics management,
- Data entry to the Child observatory of the information produced by the experts and other child rights related statistics
- Conducting visits to stakeholders in order to promote the activities and outputs
- Management of correspondences and archive,
- Make arrangements for meetings, seminars and events: implement logistics (travel, accommodation, transfer etc.), prepare correspondence, compile and distribute documents, make administrative arrangements,
- Process, format and proof-read reports, documents, publications and correspondence related to the work of the unit from draft texts,
- Preparation of Media and Press info notes,
- Writing up of meeting/organization minutes and reports,
- Reporting, correspondences, filing and archive,
- Organization of expert missions,
- Cooperation with the project team and with the project funding institution,
- Support to project experts as needed,
- Brief interpretation/translation for international experts, as required,
- Perform other duties as required,
- Assist other projects when possible.
- University degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, Law
- Good knowledge of English, and Turkish
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Outlook, internet and office technology equipment
- Willingness to learn other simple programs as required
For application you may send your up to date CV to email@example.com no later than 27 October 2017 indicating in the subject line of the e-mail the “Application for Project Officer ECtHR Case Law Database program”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society