Position – Project Psychotherapist
|Position: Project Psychotherapist||Status: Salaried|
|Starting date: February 2018||Ending date: June 2018 (possible extension)|
|Country: Turkey||Base: Istanbul|
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is an impartial, independent and international humanitarian organisation based in Turkey and governed by the Turkish Law, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion.
It seeks to stimulate and enlist voluntary commitment from medical and health care providers, and those with expertise in other fields, in order to provide competent support required for the achievement of its project activities; whilst at the same time encouraging close relationships with the population in its care.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements have taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. This situation has caused the local public health system to be under strain; resulting in a large number of refugees and migrants facing limited access to healthcare services in Turkey.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
- Job Brief
We are looking for an organised, efficient, and communicative Project Psychotherapist to coordinate between our organisation and another entities. In this role, s/he shall act as the intermediary between our organisation and the other entities to streamline operations, resolve issues, improve communication, and generally to ensure that the relationship is as beneficial as possible.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Istanbul, the Project Psychotherapist is under the line management of Facility Manager.
- Essential Duties
- Provide psychotherapy (e.g. CBT) for patients assessed as requiring MHPSS services.
- Monitoring patient’s progress levels
- Provide technical support to PSS Counsellors
- Utilizing the Referral System to psychiatrist
- To ensure activities are up to standard and results are in line with project objectives and outcomes
- To report accurately to the Facility Manager on Psychosocial Support activities, participate in the Monitoring of the project, and produce relevant information about the project activities and achievements.
- Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- Developing and Performing Preventive Measures
- Other Duties
Provide psychotherapy (e.g. CBT) for patients assessed as requiring MHPSS services
- Work with the PSS Counsellors to develop individualized intervention plans and follow up at all levels -patients will be assigned according to the psychologists’ current level of experience and specialized training
- Provide appropriate mental health support and/or treatment through individual counselling, group therapy, and psycho-education to all beneficiaries in need;
- Participate in defining effective and culturally appropriate approaches and interventions on the community level;
Monitoring patient’s progress levels
- Clinical documentation of all individual and group therapy activities
- Weekly reporting on mental health activities and data collected
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all consultations and assessments.
- Participate in any intended MH research study and/or professional field assessment.
Provide technical support to PSS Counsellors
- Assist in the development of effective referral systems with PSS Counsellors
- Assist in the development and implementation of psychosocial groups sessions
Utilizing the Referral System to psychiatrist
- Forms an effective referral system between the patients and the psychiatrist.
To ensure activities are up to standard and results are in line with project objectives and outcomes
- S/he will ensure disaggregated and cumulative tracking of beneficiaries and documentation of all activities and outcomes.
- S/he will maintain program files and documentation as per program management minimum standards, including maintaining the confidentiality and security of PSS beneficiary data.
- S/he will ensure programming is on track to meet objectives; reporting regularly on important issues that are cross-cutting
To report accurately to the Facility Manager on Psychosocial Support activities, participate in the Monitoring of the project, and produce relevant information about the project activities and achievements.
- She/he will write monthly reports on all the activities implemented as requested by the Facility Manager according to the project and management indicators.
- She/he will assist the Facility Manager in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting and evaluation.
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his manager.
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented in order to comply with donor audit requirements
Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- In collaboration with the mental health team, explore and detect potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population;
- When required, coordinate with other stakeholders to reduce and/or eliminate potential risk factors.
Developing and Performing Preventive Measures
- In collaboration with the mental health team, develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community.
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
- Undergraduate degree in psychology and two years graduate qualification in clinical psychology,
- Training background on individual counseling and behavioral therapies (e.g. CBT);
- Fluent in Arabic and Turkish, oral and written;
- At least 2 years of experience as clinical psychologist. An experience in similar role in humanitarian assistance/with other Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is an asset,
- Mandatory experience in psychological first aid and in providing trainings, organizing group counseling,
- Experience working with children would be an advantage,
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook);
Skills and qualities required
- Personal qualities as diplomacy, patient confidentiality, multi-cultural flexibility, stress management and a strong sense of integrity
- To be receptive, sensitive and an excellent listener
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public, with good understanding of at stakes.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions.
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Ability to establish strong connections with other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation.
- How to apply:
- Send your application file (CV and motivation letter in one file) to the recruitment email address: email@example.com
- Please include “Project Psychotherapist and your full name” in the subject line of the email. Email applications without this subject will not be considered.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 28th January 2018.
- Please note that due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and recruit before the deadline.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Sector Civil Society