The Internationally recognized consulting company Niras IC (www.niras.com/dc) is the lead partner of International Consortiums that is implementing EU/Turkey co-financed projects in Turkey. For this purpose, we are seeking qualified, experienced and dedicated professionals to join our project teams in Ankara/Turkey.
Position: Project Translator
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Reports to: Team Leader
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Translating and proofreading Project documents from Turkish into English and from English into Turkish;
- Proofreading of translated documents (translated by others)
- Editing the Project website content wise, ensuring that new web content is added regularly and at least each week;
- Assisting the project team on communication in drafting and editing newsletters;
- Ensure the training material is delivered on time with a professional standard quality;
- Ensure the training material is translated and proofread on time in Turkish;
- Conduct and make reports on the training satisfaction surveys (in English & Turkish).
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Language);
- Minimum 2 years practical experience in a similar position in an international environment;
- Fluency (verbal and written) in Turkish and English with one on one translation experience;
- Proven computing skills (advanced knowledge of excel, word and power point);
- Experience in translating and proofreading;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Capable to prepare clear and comprehensive reports in English and Turkish;
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts.
- Professional experience in working closely with Government Institutions would be an asset;
- Previous professional experience in EU and/or EuropeAid projects would be an asset;
- Experience is disaster management related issues would be an asset.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey.
- Sector EU Experts / Project Team
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)