Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
Contribute to the development of protection program strategy, and strengthen the operational protection response.
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities:
- Develop a technically sound program work plan and activities consistent with the goals and objectives of the program.
- Assist the Protection coordinator in supervising projects.
- Participating in establishing qualified staff team with cooperation of HR department and program coordinator, according to organization’s strategy.
- Assist in monitoring and developing the project activities in every step.
- Responsible for archiving all documents that belong to the project.
- Attending meetings, workshops, and congresses that belong to the projects in coordination with the Program coordinator.
- Promote a positive profile of the program and good understanding among other sectors, partners and the communities we work in about the program.
- Involve/include community centers project staff in all aspects of planning and implementation in order to promote and maintain sustainability.
- Prepare timely technical monthly reports in provided format.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Education: University degree
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience
- Very good computer skills.
- High communication skills
- Self-motivation, initiative with a high level of energy;
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of SHAFAK
- Ability to work well in a team and under pressure and in response to changing needs
Training (Online/ physical):
The Office holder should be received certificate in:
- Child Protection in Emergencies
- Child Safeguarding policy
- Psychosocial First Aid
- Introduction to Psychosocial Support
- UNHCR Protection Induction Program
- Personal Safety and Security E-course or Staying Safe
- Project management in development sector (PMD pro 1)
The training available in DisasterReady.org website as online training
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Please apply in English by downloading the application form from the this link: http://www.shafak.org/site/files/shafak-job-application.docx
Submit the completed form and CV to sending your up to date CV with a cover letter to Career@shafak.org by 17-Dec-2017 5.30PM (Turkish local time). Indicate the Job Code and Position applied for on the subject line. Note that any application without the Job Code may not be processed. Shafak is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Service
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree Doctorate
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)