|Reports to||Project Coordinator|
About Multeciler: The Multeciler Association, starting its operations in 2014, is a local NGO operating in many fields for the Syrians who have left their countries because of war and took refuge in Turkey. Priority activities include shelter, health, education, protection, social cohesion and employment. The range of activities carries from the health to shelter, education to work permits, and MHPSS to socio-economic support.
EVOLUTIONARY TARGETS OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of project coordinator, the medical doctor will be responsible for overall functioning of mental health clinic in İstanbul. The incumbent will be responsible of quality service provision and adherence to all applicable regulation of Turkish Ministry of Health related to functioning of a health clinic.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASK DEFINITION:
- Provide high quality medical consultations including relevant patient history, appropriate physical exam, investigations, treatment and referrals
- Track daily patient data using tally sheets or other tools provided
- Monitor diagnostic trends and report to supervisor as needed
- Adhere to rational drug usage protocols
- Submit reports in a timely manner
- Participate in educational sessions for staff and patients as directed by supervisor
- Attend training sessions as required by supervisor
- Provide training to other staff as requested by supervisor
- Participate in the daily running of the clinic
- Collaborate with other departments as needed to ensure smooth implementation and integration of services
- Adhere to administrative directives with regards to work schedules, record keeping, patient communications, re-stocking of necessary drugs, consumables and other items
- Adhere to RI Code of Conduct and internationally accepted humanitarian principles
- Provide all services to patients free of charge.
- Coordinate the health activity with the MOH, local authority, and mental health clinic of Erenköy State Hospital, which is located in the Multeciler Derneği.
Note that this job description must remain flexible to respond to additional tasks or changes identified by the department manager.
- Must have at least one year of experience in NGO sector.
- Good team work spirit.
- Communication skills, which include listening to patients and explaining complex medical conditions to them
- A willingness to learn new skills.
- Turkish citizen.
- Arabic is a must and English is well desired.
- High level of responsibility
How to Apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English in addition to three professional references (references might be required in the second phase) firstname.lastname@example.org before Oct 25, 2017 stating in the subject “Psychiatrist “. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey and have a Turkish citizenship.
- Sector Service