For this job the person is obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information about beneficiaries, personnel and the programme.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
Contract period: One year starting from July 2018
Schedule: Full time
Reports hierarchically: Project Coordinator (PC)
Functionally to: Project Coordinator (PC)
Main Purpose of the position:
In Istanbul, Nefes Center of CA offers support and advisory services for migrants and refugees who have suffered ill treatment.
In this context, the receptionist receives, welcomes and orientates the patient according to standard protocols and refers him/her to other practitioners as required. S/he receives incoming calls and visitors and provides them with accurate information or alternative ways to obtain it.
- Responsible for the initial reception, welcoming and information to patients of the Centre – both face-to-face and on the phone;
- Manages the agenda of the Centre: organizes appointments of patients with the practitioners and with external service providers, liaises with team members on appointments;
- Collects external requests (reception centers, health services, collaborators, carers of possible patients) and sorts them relating them to the practitioners of the Center according to the approach defined by the team;
- Organizes and overseas all internal and external appointments, liaising with the practitioners and according to the guidelines implemented for sessions, both logistically and preparing the necessary documentation;
- Takes part in the regular team meetings.
- Organizes the filing of documents at the request of the team members
- Collects and handles the correspondence and manages postal operations;
- Provides a constant update to the Project Coordinator and the Project Medical Referent.
- Centralises the data from all departments related to the reception and organizing of appointments.
Education: Degree in Secretary, management or other relevant fields.
Languages: Turkish and English essential.
French and/or Arabic are an asset.
Experience: Minimum of 2 year experience working in similar position is essential.
Working experience with NGOs is an asset.
Knowledge: Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet) is essential.
Skills and Competencies: Flexibility / Adaptability
Commitment to confidentiality:
Ability to take initiative, demonstrate flexibility and creativity
Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
Ability to work with interpreters.
Able to work in a stressful situation
Experience in working with vulnerable populations is an asset
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Receptionist
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3