Regional Communication Officer
|Position:||Regional Communication Officer|
|Application Deadline:||26 July 2018|
|Duration:||Full-time for 12 months with possibility of extension (2 months’ Probation Period)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Open to:||Turkish Nationals only
(foreigners with Turkish citizenship are encouraged to apply)
The Regional Communication Officer will be responsible for all communication for EU MADAD as part of the HES Programme in close coordination with the SPARK country teams. The communication officer is responsible for implementing the regional communication strategy and plan activities in line with the EU MADAD guidelines.
The Regional Communication Officer will report to the Communication Coordinator for the MENA region and coordinate closely with the communication unit at SPARK HQ
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create and execute an outreach strategy for the SPARK programme including development and coordination of promo materials for various target groups including prospective students and businesses;
- Cooperate with other (I)NGOs to promote SPARK activities;
- Coordinate response to donor requests on visibility and access to beneficiaries (movie making, interviews with beneficiaries);
- Collect stories that can be used for the SPARK newsletter, website, Facebook page or other office-wide or organization-wide communication;
- Collaborate with the regional team in social media (promotion, increase interactivity, storytelling);
- Develop a network of journalists;
- Assist with other more general communication activities
- Other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Requirements and Skills
- University diploma in a relevant field;
- A minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in a prior comparable position and with international NGOs;
- Thorough knowledge of the political and economic situation in Turkey and MENA region in general;
- Clear interest in development aid, youth and employment.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing outreach and communication strategies.
- Excellent English and Turkish language skills; Arabic is highly preferable
- Proven editing and writing skills;
- Social media knowledge and experience are essential;
- Skills in MS Office, Mailchimp, WordPress, InDesign, and Photoshop;
- Photography skills an asset;
- Experience with graphic design an asset;
- Good communication and social skills and ability to work in multicultural settings;
- Good team worker while able to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High energy, pro-active and service minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- Turkish nationality only.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience between 1.000 EUR – 1.400 EUR net per month;
- Full-time contract for 12 months (2 months’ probation period), with possibility of extension.
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 26 July 2018. Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
- Sector Civil Society