The “Sr. Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” will be responsible for managing and implementing an effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting system to monitor and report on progress, impacts, and program successes of activities and performance at all levels of the program. S/he will triangulate information gathered from the program’s Grants Unit, Capacity Building Unit and the grantees/CSO’s to monitor all grant activities and sub-grantees in accordance with the program’s approved Results Monitoring Plan and Workplan, and ensure that the project complies with performance reporting requirements. The M&E Sr. Officer will also lead the development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting updates to the client, provide capacity building trainings and tutorials in M&E to grantees, support the development of M and E plans for all sub grants and will help identify necessary changes and future program opportunities. Qualified Turkish and Syrian candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position reports directly to the Program Director.
*Only applications submitted through Development Transition Official web-page will be considered, to apply please visit www.Developmenttransformations.com
- Develops, maintains, and strengthens the program’s M&E reporting process by gathering and reporting on quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to reinforce the program’s progress;
- Leads the writing of weekly reports to the client, contributes to monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reporting;
- Support program’s team and implementing partners for the collection, use, and management of M&E and other reporting duties including working directly with grantees on M&E plans.
- Team player, able to be effective in response to changes in the operating environment to update or revise expectations as necessary;
- Oversees data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators, as defined by the program’s RMP;
- In coordination with the Program Director and Grants Director, implements feedback, and assessments from program evaluations to inform changes in program approaches.
- At least 3 years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities;
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- At least 3 years of experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation;
- Experience working in an M&E role on civil society related program in the middle east;
- Knowledge of USG and other donor cooperative agreements and grant regulations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
- Experience working in Turkey and/or Syria on a similar grants program strongly desired; and
- Ability to work with an international team from various cultures; ability to lead and yet be the ultimate team player
- Strong Arabic and English language skills required;
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Sector Civil Society