With the crisis in Syria in its fourth year, a political solution is still to be found as the conflict remain unresolved and the heavy fighting between the government and opposition forces has continued throughout the country generating regional refugee crisis. 3.9 million Syrian refugees are living in neighbouring countries, with over 2 million in Turkey. While over 260,000 Syrians are living in 25 camps across Turkey, the remaining 1.5 million (accounting for 85%) live outside of camps in urban and rural areas throughout the country.
IOM supports the implementation of the whole-of-Syria approach in the framework of the UN Security Council 2165/2191, authorizing the UN/IOM to initiate cross-border operations from neighbouring countries. IOM Turkey works with CCCM and Shelter/NFI Clusters, international NGOs, and Syrian partners on identifying vulnerable displaced populations inside Syria, procuring required Non-food Items (NFIs), organizing transportation across the border, and distributing the items to Syrian people in need. In Turkey, in line with the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP), IOM is providing multiservice assistance for Syrians including transportation, NFIs, support to food kitchens, voucher distributions, and support to community centres established by NGOs.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office – East, Southeast, Mediterranean (ESEM) Region of Turkey and direct supervision of the Monitoring and evaluation Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the processes and outputs related to implementation and monitoring adequate quality control measures during refugee project’s activities and after activities have been completed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to project engineers and thematic experts in the development of Quality Management procedures;
- Support development of quality management approach in coordination with project managers throughout the implementation of project activities;
- Support drafting of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and controls to strengthen the monitoring mechanism of the Contractors/Service Provider’s QC plan;
- Implementation and timely monitoring and reporting of quality assessments;
- Coordinate timely inspection of installations completed by the contractor;
- Verify that all materials used and installed conform to project-specific BoQs and standards;
- Review Daily Inspection Reports and issue Observation or Non-Conformity reports, coordinating between management and Site Supervision Teams;
- Track and monitor contractor performance and report all non-conformances to Project Manager and other stakeholders;
- Recommendation of solutions to quality issues and control of further processing, delivery, installation or use until corrective action has been implemented for initial non-conformance or unsatisfactory works;
- Coordinate with M&E Unit and Procurement in feedback provision on quality of items provided by IOM based on beneficiary feedback and follow up to ensure continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Conduct randomized site visits, document comprehensively in standard QA reports and present findings to management and follow up on agreed actions.
- Supervision of field based quality control assistants and custodianship of the QC kit.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Quality Management, Logistics, Supply Chain or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience and/or professional qualifications in quality management or related fields;
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures, standards and requirements;
- Experience in measuring service providers performance against set performance targets;
- Experience in field level data collection, data presentation and report writing;
- Experience in supply chain management especially relief items.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of Turkish is desirable.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 02 August 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)