Classification: One Year Fixed Term contract -with possible extension (G6)
The 2-year EU-MADAD funded project “Job Creation and Entrepreneurship Opportunities for Syrians under Temporary Protection and Host Communities in Turkey” aims to increase the availability of skilled, competent and productive labour supply to facilitate access to decent work for SuTP and Turkish host communities.
The incumbent will directly be involved in implementation of the mentioned project via providing expert support.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting and assisting the achievement of the objectives and results of the project as well as successful day to day implementation of the activities under the project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in implementation of the MADAD Project in coordination with IOM project team which will be implemented jointly by IOM-ILO, including but not limiting to assisting with planning, preparing, organizing, implementing and following up on the activities;
2. To assist financial management of the MADAD project and monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets in coordination with resource management officer.
3. Conduct research and assessment work and provide grounded advice, particularly in view of strategic, programmatic and project-specific funding opportunities;
4. Provide considerable assistance in drafting and editing new project proposals and initiatives in the areas of migration and development, labour migration/mobility, remittances and migration management area in Turkey, by inter alia collecting, systematically organizing and analyzing information, supporting stakeholder analysis in support to project development,
5. Assist in editing and preparing of relevant situation/activities donor/project reports, updates, info sheets, publications, press-releases, presentations and other information materials, analysis of statistical information for the purposes of the Program etc. in cooperation with relevant officials at IOM Turkey, project partners and other IOM missions involved,
6. Provide necessary support in maintaining linkages/strengthening cooperation with national authorities, national counterparts, civil society, international organizations etc.;
7. Maintaining of regular working relations and communication on project issues with entrepreneurship related agencies and institutions, international organizations and NGOs, other project partners;
8. Fulfil internal procurement, and other administrative formalities in order to provide support to mission activities aimed at providing research, training, institutional and infrastructure capacity development to the Turkish Government institutions with entrepreneurship and migration-related mandates;
9. Support the organisation and participate in meetings with government, non-governmental and UN agencies/institutions, inter alia taking minutes of the meetings, brief notes/notes for the file;
10. Support, including from logistics perspective, organisation of seminars, trainings, press conferences and other events on issues related to entrepreneurship, job creation, migration data and research, migration and development, labour migration, remittances and migration management in Turkey;
11. Assist in planning and organizing aspects of new LHD projects as well as in monitoring and backstopping ongoing activities;
12. Support work under the LHD Program, towards contributing to : i) timeliness and quality of specific activity procurement and payments, ii) logistics of events organization (booking of tickets, premises and equipment, work of interpreters, publishing/media companies etc.); iii) recruitment and commissioning of experts, service providers and vendors; iv) monitoring of contracts’ timely and qualitative execution; v) planning and organizing meetings, press-conferences, trainings, round tables, workshops, working groups sessions, information campaigns etc.;
13. Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree, preferably in Labour Economics and Industrial Relations, Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations; Training in project management and development will be an advantage
• At least 4 years relevant professional experience;
• Experience in Social Science;
• Experience in entrepreneurship and business development programs;
• Experience in sociological analysis, research and report writing;
• Experience in project implementation and monitoring;
• Experience working in/with NGO/IGO, UN environment
• Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 26 February 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Project Assistant
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)