Under overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the incumbent will support the work of the IOM Syria emergency response team, in particular
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support day to day coordination with field partners/ focal points. Collect, compile and analyze data from the field teams, and coordinate with these if clarifications or further data are needed.
2. Participate in the development of training materials for the implementing partners together with the Programme Coordinator and IM Officer.
3. Organize and deliver training of partners and field staff (face to face and remote).
4. Prepare thematic surveys/assessments and support the field teams while these surveys are being rolled out in the field.
5. Provide technical support and capacity building on Database applications use and maintenance to the implementing partners as required.
6. Produce the needed input/output forms, reports, updates and other documentation materials for the databases systems and sub-systems.
7. Support in reporting and analyzing data, verifying data consistency, giving statistic information and mapping of collected data.
8. Support in translation of documents and data from Database Systems from/to English from/to Arabic if required.
9. Participate in the design of other databases and auxiliary systems, as required.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience using computer programs and databases (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySQL, SPSS and other enterprise database system);
- Experience in information management, preferably in conflict situations;
- Knowledge about the situation in Syria and historical background about the country;
- Previous experience working with an International Organization or NGO;
- Proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds; Proven ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of Turkish is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 08 May 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society