Expertise France is a French public agency created on 1st January 2015 after the merger of 6 public agencies under the tutelage of the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy and Finance with a strong inter- ministerial vocation. EF offers project engineering and technical assistance by developing and implementing international cooperation actions worldwide. EF operates in various fields of development and institutional cooperation including safety and security reform, post-crisis/ stability, public health, human rights, strengthening of institutions and NGOs and governance. Carrying out large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects, EF can ensure the cooperation between individuals, teams and institutions with very different statuses, cultures and specialties. Besides, EF has acquired a sound experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale international projects and is accredited by the European Union for the management of delegated Community funds.
With a volume of activity worth 120 million euros, more than 300 projects implemented in 80 countries as well as 63,000 days of expertise delivered in 2015, Expertise France is the leading public agency of French international technical assistance.
The programme “Qudra – Resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs and Host communities in Response to the Syrian and Iraqi Crises” is a regional action that seeks to strengthen the resilience of Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities in response to the Syrian and Iraqi crises in five areas or modules (Specific Objectives, SO). Qudra is commissioned and financed by the EU Regional Madad Trust Fund and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
The Programme has a duration period from June 2016 – June 2019. It is implemented in Jordan, Lebanon, North Iraq (Kurdistan Region of Iraq), and Turkey by a group of European Member States Agencies, led by GIZ, the Spanish Organisation AECID, and Expertise France (EF). It covers five specific objectives (SO); Education Infrastructure (SO1); Skills Development (SO2); Social Cohesion (SO3); Supporting Local Administration (SO4); Facilitating Dialogue and Dissemination (SO5). The specific objectives and implementing partners vary across the countries.
In Turkey, Expertise France implements part of the SO3 related to Social Cohesion. The Specific Objective is to foster social cohesion between Syrian refugees and their host communities. It will be achieved through assisting local structures in strengthening their outreach services and bringing Turkish communities and Syrian refugees closer together through a variety of joint activities. Building social cohesion between host and refugee communities comes at the very heart of the proposed action.This could be done for example by the support of Public Education Centres.
Descriptif de la mission :
The consultant willbe responsible for providing technical support and guidance, on elements across the programme ranging from activities of Social Cohesion to be implemented in Public Education Centresin Turkey.
- Conducting assessments,
- Reviewing curricula and teaching materials,
- Identifying opportunities for activities based on assessing on needs
- Advising on programme design and strategic planning,
- Supporting staff capacity building,
- Enhancing monitoring, accountability tools and systems,
- Documenting standards and processes…
The consultant will ensure that the programmebeing established is high quality, sustainable, delivered in accordance with acknowledged good practice and standards, adaptable and sensitive to the needs of Syrian and Turkish youth.
The position will require to work constructively and to build relationships with key education actors (MoNE) and other stakeholders (political partners and sectoral line ministries, GIZ, other international and local actors).
This position requires traveling in different provinces and is highly flexible and responsive.
- Advanced degree in Education, Education Policy or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of education system and education authorities in Turkey, rules and regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Excellent written and spoke English skills.Turkish is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently
Expérience professionnelle :
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience leading, managing and implementing education programs, preferably in programmes involving services for refugees;
- Experience working in international donor-funded projects
- Demonstrated background and contacts with U.N. agencies and other international response and development actors
- Work experience in the Middle East, with strong preference given to candidates with experience related to the Syria response;
Informations complémentaires :
- Mission area:Home based with frequent traveling in Ankara and different provinces in Turkey
- Duration: 3 months
- Starting date: January/February 2018
Documents à fournir :
Please send your CV by email before January 15th, indicating the following subject :QUDRA-TURKEY
Contact point : firstname.lastname@example.org
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.
- Sector Civil Society
- Experience 4-9