CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO: IRC4619
Issued on: 11 September 2017
Deadline For Application: 19 October 2017
JOB TITLE: Training Specialist TYPE OF CONTRACT: PSA.NAT
DUTY STATION: Ankara, Turkey (with travel to provinces)
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: FAO Representation in Turkey DURATION: 140 days (WAE) until 30 June
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Organizational Setting FAO Turkey is implementing a TCP project on ‘Strengthening Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services’. The implementing partner of the project is the Ministry of Food Agriculture and Livestock of Turkey. The project aims to strengthen the national extension system to be able to provide effective advisory support to women and men farmers and rural communities, and to contribute to increased productivity and food security.
Reporting Lines Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Turkey , the technical supervision of the Agricultural Officer of the Plant Production and Protection Division (AGPM), FAO-SEC Programme Officer (LTO) and guidance provided by the FAO REU Gender Team, in close coordination with the national counterparts and the national project coordinator (NPC).
Technical Focus Training and Capacity Development
Tasks and responsibilities
– Coordinate with MFAL and other stakeholders to identify training needs of extension personnel;
– Prepare comprehensive and gender-sensitive ToT modules for: (1) extension personnel, based on the gender and rural advisory service assessment tool (GRAST) and other FAO-developed methodological tools as necessary; (2) farmers, and specifically for women farmers, based on the findings of the rapid needs
– Organize and conduct the training programme for extension personnel, farmers and women farmers throughout the project course, as per the agreed schedule;
– Act as a training instructor and resource person for the training programme;
– Prepare quarterly reports summarizing experience and results of all training programmes, describing training content, attendance and training results, with sex-disaggregated data. Analyse lessons learned and provide recommendations for future steps;
– Any other related activities.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
– Advanced university degree in Agriculture, with 8-10 years of experience in conducting training and developing training and extension materials; gender awareness and competency
– Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
– Relevant experience and knowledge designing training programs and extension services for different target groups in rural areas
– Working knowledge of Turkish and English
Other: National of the country of assignment
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and
- All applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations
(LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Sector EU Experts / Project Team