|Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager||Duty Station: Gaziantep|
General description of the role:
The post holder will be performing translation, interpretation and transliteration services of oral and/or written communications from English into Arabic or vice versa and in a variety of settings; he/she is to perform other administrational duties as assigned by RMTeam.
- Translate from English into Arabic and from Arabic into English a wide oral and written variety of materials as required. Such translations may be considered final and not subject to further review, and therefore high-quality products are required.
- Provide interpretation services for meetings, interviews, Skype calls, etc. including one to one and group settings.
- Translate qualitative and quantitative data from the field (FGDs, surveys, individual and key informant interviews, etc.)
- Ensure translated materials maintain the same style and format as much as possible
- Abide by deadlines and ensure criteria of quality and time are aligned.
- Revise for accuracy and conformity with established official terminology and style texts translated by less experienced, temporary or outside translators, and to edit Arabic translations, as required.
- Review translated materials for accuracy of meaning, grammar and syntax.
- Maintain confidentially of the translated documents, especially that the job holder will work on a lot of data coming from field work in different countries.
- Proof-reading any materials as required (reports, documents, guide books, etc.)
- General office administration tasks
- Perform other duties and act for the relevant manager as required.
- A Bachelors university degree or equivalent qualification in English, Arabic, linguistics, translation and interpretation or related fields.
- At least 3 year of translation work experience.
- Excellent computer skills, with experience and/or training in terminology or in applications of computer to translation.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic, and knowledge of Turkish an advantage
- Ability to maintain an adequate speed and volume of output.
- Multitasking and time management skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your English CV and a Cover Letter before 13/10/2017 explaining your interest and suitability for the role Translator with the title of the position in the subject line.
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Sector Economy / Business