Association for Aid and Relief, Japan (AAR Japan) is an international humanitarian organization that helps people in need in over 15 countries. We started to work in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting refugees in Sanliurfa, Gaziantep, Mardin and Istanbul.
AAR Japan is looking for
Translator (1 Position)
Based in Gaziantep Province
Reports to: Case Management Officer
Duration: 4 Months (September-December 2018)
General Position Summary
The job holder will be responsible for overall translation and interpretation services from Arabic to Turkish and vice versa under diverse settings to support the most vulnerable populations. He/she will also support coordination with relevant stakeholders such as Turkish authorities and medical/educational institutions to implement case plans.
- Assist Case Workers to implement case plans in order to support vulnerable individuals or households with special needs,
- Translate diverse materials and documents with accuracy,
- Coordinate with service providers such as hospitals and PDMM and interpret from Arabic to Turkish and vice versa as required,
- Establish and maintain quality service and positive interaction with all beneficiaries, Turkish authorities, health care providers, other relevant institutions and its employees,
- Attend required meetings and participate in Case Management Committees as requested,
- Identify and inform Case Management Officer about vulnerable cases that may come across or become aware of their situation during the course of duties,
- Exercise discretion and maintain high level of confidentiality,
- Conduct other works assigned by the Employer,
- Minimum High School Graduated
- Excellent command of Arabic and Turkish
- Knowledge about medical terminology
- Good communication and interpretation skills
- Good computer skills and experience in using Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Experience in Teaching
- Ability to speak Kurdish and/or English
- Facilitation Skills
- Previous interpreter or translator experience
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter explaining your salary expectation to email@example.com by 31st July, 2018. Please, do not forget to add position title and your name to subject line.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree Master, University, High School
- Experience 1-3