International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children. (For more information www.ibc.org.tr)
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for a Translator according to following qualifications.
- Translate from Arabic to English/Turkish the outreach office weekly and monthly reports, work plans, brochures, surveys and survey results, case trackers, and other relevant documents received from the Info Hub Manager and/or Program Coordinator
- Translate from English/Turkish to Arabic all feedback on reports and other deliverables and any templates for use by the outreach offices.
- Provide oral translation to program staff during meetings, workshops during referral from Arabic to English/Turkish
- Provide Turkish/English oral translation to beneficiaries when accompany them in hospitals
- Summarize Arabic documents in English/Turkish and present findings to management.
- University degree in a relevant field
- 2 years experience (professional / volunteer) in humanitarian field is an asset
- Experience in translation
- Experience in conducting psycho-social activities is a strong asset.
- Intercultural skills
- Fluency in Arabic, Turkish, English written and spoken
- Turkish is essential
Position Place: Bursa / Translator (2)
Konya / Translator (1)
İstanbul (Sancaktepe) / Translator (2)
Job Duration: 7 Months with a possibility of extension, Full Time
Number of Recruitments: 5
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English, one page CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 April 2018. Please, make sure to put the Job Title in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview. The salary is based on IBC’s salary policy in line with the project budget. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
- Sector Civil Society