Under the overall supervision of the IOM’s Chief of Mission, the general oversight of the Senior Operations Officer and the direct supervision of Operations Officer, the incumbent will provide support in the implementation of Resettlement Activities that are implemented by IOM Turkey in general.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in scheduling appointments for refugees, screen and refer calls, and take messages as appropriate; fill out appropriate forms in response to callers’ requests for specific information and forward to relevant units for action. Call refugees informing them about their resettlement related appointments as applicable.
2. Provide a daily update of appointments scheduled. Regularly and accurately maintain and update the intake database.
3. Provide general information and answer basic queries on the resettlement procedures to the concerned refugees.
4. Contribute to reporting and statistics as required.
5. Provide ad hoc support in basic Arabic-English interpretation/ translations.
6. Comply with the IOM Standards of Conduct and the IOM Confidentiality Agreement. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times. Maintain positive working relationships within the IOM team and with government authorities. Maintain confidentiality and discretion in treating applicants’ personal information.
7. Immediately inform supervisors of any problems or issues related to the daily work and make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client services.
8. Perform any other such related duties as may be required
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education & Experience
- Completed at least Secondary School diploma, University Degree is an advantage;
- Turkish national or other nationalities with Turkish residency permits,
- Relevant working experience with refugees preferred;
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to control crowds.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External Candidates are eligible to apply for the vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Ability to disseminate information through the right channel and to the concerned persons.
Arabic & English – Fluency is required.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone number and e-mail address) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 31 May 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level English (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)