Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission, and under the direct supervision of the Logistics / Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide reliable and secure driving services by utilizing the assigned IOM vehicle to transport IOM staff members and visitors.
- Movement shall take place as per the authorized routing following UN Department of Safety and Security rules and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the same. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, battery, fan belt, etc…
- Ensure vehicle, registration, insurance and regular service are taking place in timely manner.
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for major repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior to departure especially for long trips.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the aimed destination.
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate vehicle movements in designated areas, when required.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the Logistics Officer.
- Make sure that the daily logbook is instantly updated after each movement.
- Ensure that the fuel receipts to be provided to the Logistics Assistant for consumption monitoring purpose.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to the passengers within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Deliver and collect goods, mail, documents and other items as assigned.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Identify any apparent problems during the trips and report them to the Logistics Officer.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Logistics Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum two years working experience.
· Valid Driving License
· Adequate knowledge of local traffic laws and routes of the duty station
- Defensive driving techniques
- Previous experience in working with IOM or other international organizations in the field
- Strong Driver; effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative analytical thinker, active learner, strong team player and cross cultural facilitator.
· Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
· Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
· Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
· Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
· Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
· Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
· Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
· Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
· Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
· Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
· Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Katar Cad. No:11 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 1 June 2017.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Driver
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (A2, Level 2, Elementary)