|Position:||Volunteer -Higher Education – Turkey|
|Application Deadline:||31st of January 2018|
|Duration:||Part-time for 6 months (Possibility with extension )|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Report To:||Turkey Project Coordinator HES|
|Open To:||Native Arabic Speakers
(Applications from Turkish and Syrians will not be considered)
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their post-conflict society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with over 80 staff members that helps young entrepreneurs to start or grow their own businesses. SPARK is achieving its mission by organizing business plan competitions, business skills training, SME coaching and mentoring, business incubation, SME financing, intensive higher vocational summer courses, curriculum development and quality assurance at universities and higher vocational education institutions.
SPARK is currently looking for volunteers to be part of scholarship selection and verification team:
Volunteer, Higher Education – Gaziantep (Turkey)
The Volunteer will be assigned to work under supervision of the Higher Education Turkey Project Coordinator on implementation of the large structural programme addressing educational needs of Syrian Students living in Turkey..
Main tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct small interviews with shortlisted applicants.
- Checking the validity of the following documents of scholarship applicants: Passport/ID card, High School diploma, Equivalence Certificate, and Language Certificates,
- Verifying information on the documents and correct information
- Documenting checks and verification in an online database,
- Data entry of hard copy scholarship application forms into the online system
- Maintain and collect all records to update onto implementing agencies database.
- To attend and successfully complete the induction training.
- Assist in preparing and delivering leadership assessment days
- Work closely and effectively with four other members of your team in ensuring the smooth delivery and running of the assessment days.
- Observe and evaluate participants during the assessment days.
- Cross reference allocated grades with other evaluators to maintain objectivity and fairness.
- Providing translation when it is needed,
- Any other Tasks given by Country Projects Coordinator,
Requirements and Skills:
- BA or Master Degree Students
- Previous practical experience in a prior comparable volunteering in NGOs.
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Proven IT skills;
- Accurate, structured and precise;
- Flexible, responsible, proactive and being able to work under high workload/pressure
- Advanced English and Native Arabic are must (strong reading ,writing and speaking skills in both language);
- Knowledge of Turkish is an asset
- Strong writing and reporting skills;
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting with young generation;
- Gender awareness;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions;
- The Volunteers receives a fee of 7 Euro per hour. Working hours will be flexible
Volunteers should be available at least 20 hours per week.
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation and your CV (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Reference: Volunteer Position – Turkey. Deadline for application is January 31st, 2018.
Please note that applications without letter of motivation will not be reviewed.
Please note that applications will start to be evaluated before the deadline as this is a position that needs to be filled in urgently, so it is highly recommended that you should apply as soon as possible.
*Due to high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant. We will contact a candidate if he/she is selected for an interview.
- Sector Civil Society