Post Title: Field Officer (Antakya)
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Antakya, Turkey
Duration: 12 months with 2 months of probation
Closing Date: 26.01.2018
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
Responsibilities of the Field Officer:
As part of the project team, the field officer will have to fulfil following tasks and
- Conduct field visits to beneficiary households for assessment and monitoring interviews
- Maintain and update existing lists of visited households, and report findings/updates back to team on a daily basis
- Contribute to reports based on field visits
- Act as the representative of Welthungerhilfe in the field, through communicating in a clear, friendly manner with beneficiary families and others
- Provide oral translation as needed
- Other tasks as the needs arise
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or similar preferred
- Working experience: At least 1 year of working experience, preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Able to use a tablet and to enter data electronically
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Personality requirements Ability to integrate in a multicultural team, confident and self-assured personality, good communication skills, must be able and willing to interact with refugee communities in a friendly and open manner, good attention to detail, willing and able to work outside the office for a large part of the working time
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic essential, and fluent in at least one of the following languages: Turkish, English (an asset)
Whilst employed by Welthungerhilfe, the field officer is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of work.
The applicants should submit a English CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 26 January 2017.
Subject line: Job Application – ANT/FLO/2018/SYR1052
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society