Post Title: MEAL Officer
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 12 months with 2 months of probation
Closing Date: 05.12.2017
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
Responsibilities of the MEAL Officer:
As part of the project team, the MEAL Officer will have to fulfill following tasks and
- Developing quality project monitoring and evaluation systems, frameworks, methodologies, tools, analysis and reporting, in line with donor requirements and internal MEAL standards,
- Supporting MEAL Manager in developing streamlined data collection systems and processes for project data and activity / output tracking,
- Conduct field monitoring and process documentation through data collection, gathering information from communities regarding the project.
- Conduct data analysis, reporting and highlighting weak areas during project implementation.
- Provide feedback to communities and the partner with regards to WHH principles and guidelines.
- Tracking the monthly data for progress and changes, revising different M&E reports prepared by MEAL team and standardizing and improving M&E reporting system,
- Supporting MEAL Manager in preparing needs assessment, baseline and end line study, feasibility study, midterm and final evaluation, and thematic evaluation of the programme,
- Providing M&E technical supervision to MEAL Officers in the fields to ensure quality data collection and MEAL reports,
- Covering exceptional MEAL needs from different field locations.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or similar preferred
- Working experience: At least 1 year of working experience, preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Able to use a tablet and to enter data electronically
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Personality requirements Ability to integrate in a multicultural team, confident and self-assured personality, good communication skills, must be able and willing to interact with refugee communities in a friendly and open manner, good attention to detail, willing and able to work outside the office for a large part of the working time
- Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic essential, and fluent in at least one of the following languages: Turkish, English (an asset)
Whilst employed by Welthungerhilfe, the field officer is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of work.
The applicants should submit a CV to the following email address: email@example.com by no later than 05 December 2017.
Subject line: Job Application – GZT/M&E/2017/SYR1052
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society