Technical Office Engineer (Ref: TUGZT.OPD15)
|International Association for Relief and Development (ONSUR)||Gaziantep|
|Technical Office Engineer||Kamu|
|İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
International Association for Relief and Development (Onsur) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. ONSUR works through the main office located in Gaziantep province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, and Turkey
Technical office engineer responsible for the engineering study of projects, inventorying quantities, and writing tenders, in addition to following up on all daily activities related to technical supervision of projects and quality control of work to ensure their compliance with the approved technical and contractual standards, under the direct supervision of the Director of the Technical Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop plans to monitor and supervise the site in coordination with project managers and develop updates to the plans in line with the timeline too to avoid delays and work to remedy any delays.
- Supervising all technical aspects of the works implemented for the projects, and ensuring their implementation with high efficiency and accuracy, by the engineering plans and the technical specifications table.
- We are maintaining documents for all project work in terms of monitoring, supervision, and implementation plans.
- Making progress reports (weekly - monthly) for the implemented projects to the concerned department.
- Participating in the work of tenders, designing and calculating quantities for projects, and fully familiar with the construction market.
- The ability to work with contractors and coordinate the work between the organization and the contractor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in architecture /or civil engineering (with 5-7 years of experience in technical office).
- Computer proficiency: AutoCAD, Word, and Excel are a must. REVIT is an asset.
- Professional English language.
- Proven experience with technical drawings and details.
- Extensive knowledge of preparing BOQs (in both Arabic & English languages) including quantity surveys.
- Strong technical knowledge of structure & electro-mechanical design concepts and strong coordination skills.
- Knowledge of design standards, local codes, and government regulations.
- Possession of great work ethic, high degree of integrity, and willingness to put in the hours whenever needed.
- High organization skills and ability to prioritize & concurrently service multiple projects.
- Ability to manage own time.
- Critical thinking uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- A good eye for details.
- Ability to work & perform under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills and effectively communicating with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers, and other team members.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse is unacceptable to ONSUR, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. ONSUR is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and applies a zero-tolerance approach toward child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
ONSUR provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, or disability.
ONSUR employees must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside ONSUR.
Applications are strongly encouraged by female candidates.
How to apply
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.