The Non Food Items and Emergency Shelter (NFI&ES) Project Manager plans, develops, monitors and evaluates the assigned project(s). This involves assessing NFI&ES needs, designing projects, coordination and initiating and effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, timeframe and budget. Providing technical support, leadership and strategic direction, other important aspects of the role include meeting quality standards in shelter delivery, encouraging beneficiary participation, liaising with other stakeholders.
Key Activity Areas
NFI Project Management
- Manage the projects in order to meet the project objectives within budget and time frame.
- Provide strong leadership, working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities and local NFI&ES staff.
- Develop and implement an effective NFI & ES strategy. Set clear objectives and indicators.
- Continuously monitor and supervise activities, overseeing the design and execution and evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to ACTED and donor formats.
- Manage the NFI&ES budget and ensure all expenses are according to budget and ACTED standards.
- Develop regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the team, ACTED in-country and HQ and other relevant stakeholders, with the objective of ensuring good cooperation.
- Participate in NFI & ES coordination meetings and other working groups or meetings as required, representing and feeding back to the NFI & ES staff and field managers on relevant issues.
Experience / Competencies
- BA in relevant field.
- 2 years post-qualification professional experience in a relevant field
- Minimum 1 year experience in management position in INGO.
- Very good English language skills
- Experience in training / mentoring / coaching staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere and HAP.
- This position is open for Turkish Nationals
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.