Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as: Expert Finance Administrator in Gaziantep
The position is to be filled by June 1, 2021, with a contract duration until end of project. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
The objective is to implement existing financial management standards in the programs and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the program work.
- Manage the project’s contractual agreement and ensure strong budget control in close cooperation with the Head of Project
- Ensure that activities and workplan are in synchronization with budget versus actual
- Carry out financial administrative controls at project level
- Participate in new proposal development and review budget allocation and cost imputation
- Ensure that the project’s financial administrative processes at the project location are auditable and efficient
- Submit monthly financial and cost control report for each project, supporting the Head of Project with the liquidity planning
- Support the Head of Project prepare or revise the project / co-financing budget in terms of formal correctness
- Provide instructions and advisory to national administration staff under your supervision
- Instruct and support project partner organizations in matters relating to financial management
- Capacity Building for Partners
- Review Partner Reports
- Managing Partners
- Education: A university or polytechnic degree or relevant training (e.g. in accounting or controlling)
- Work Experience: Several years of professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organizations
- skills Coordination and organizational skills, even under high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel
- Social Skills; Excellent communication and intercultural
- Language Skills: An excellent knowledge of English and a good knowledge of Turkish; Arabic language skills are an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 20, 2021. Your contact person is Elif Topal.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.