General Description of the Programme:
GOAL is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide. GOAL has been working in northern Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services. GOAL has been contributing to the urban refugee responses in Turkey since 2016 with a focus on enabling access to health service and the protection services for vulnerable and marginalized asylum seekers in Turkey.
Overview of the Link Program
GOAL seeks a Roving Logistics Officer to work for its ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN programs, respectively. The PRM funded Green program is implemented in Mersin, Hatay and Adana provinces. Whilst the ECHO funded LINK is implemented in Mersin, Adana, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa.
ECHO funded LINK program aims at connecting refugees with nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural works residing in temporary tented settlements to available state and non-state services using protection outreach, advocacy, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) approaches. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable/marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable the most vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey.
On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated, complementary and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection activities, including language and vocational skills training on greenhouse production, agriculture, and life skills; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
This Facilities Officer will be directly managed by the Logistics Manager. The position holder will be supporting and working in close collaboration with Program teams, Office, systems managers. This position technically supported by the Logistics Department. Overall, she/he will be responsible to support Logistics Manager in smooth running of office and daily operations including following up with logistic needs of the programs in the field office in Antakya Social Support Centre (SSC) Office,
Duties, objectives and competencies
Facilities Officer will be located in Antakya SSC office, but until it is established, he/she will be working from Antakya main office.
- Supports any office establishment for GOAL Turkey.
- Control and accept the deliveries of the logistics related PRs raised regarding to establishment of the Office
- Prepare Contract competition reports and Goods received Certificates after receiving of the logistics deliverables.
- Raise the PRs for logistics and program needs (including consumable i.e. food and non-food items, office supplies, etc.) promptly,
- Facilitate the functioning of the office in Antakya SSC office as directed by the line manager and in close collaboration with and local program teams:
- Follow the payments of utility bills of the premises, make sure that they are paid on time.
- Ensure timely repairs and maintenance of the office ensuring all utilities and equipment, etc. are working to an adequate standard.
- Identify logistic needs of onboarding staff for Turkey programs
- Fill the issue log for raised issues and opportunities
- Ensure the regular delivery of drinking water at all locations,
- Ensure office and kitchen supplies are stocked and monitored the usage
- Support the relocation of the premises and equipment as needed,
- Monitor stocks and use of consumables and the functioning of equipment/assets, and actions accordingly,
- Ensure materials and goods requested from program side adequately received, stored, tracked and maintained until they are delivered to beneficiaries. Create material list, complete regular list checks.
- Ensure cleaning of the office area is done by assigned cleaners, monitor their attendance and performance
- Facilitate security applications, and report any issues to line manager and Security Advisor
- Take all precautions against Covid-19 in the office areas, report any need on time.
- Prepare the attendance sheet for Antakya SSC office for GOAL staff weekly.
- Support green ideas tracker and follow up actions
- Monitor and control local stores including programme stocks; maintain stock cards, record transactions and prepare Good Received Note (GRN), Waybill etc. as per GOAL Logistics policies and dispatch goods only after receiving Internal Requisition Forms (IRFs).
- Asset management will be performed in coordination with related logs staff.
- Manage assets based in the office, ensure staff sign for assets, complete regular asset checks and support to logistics team to maintain the asset register.
- Ensure filing system is as it is required.
- Performed labelling of any newly purchased or donated assets by supporting related logs staff.
- Follow all actions and paperwork related to change of status of assets through sale, disposal, write off, handover, send back to logistics loss and damage of assets.
- Ensure that an effective system is put in place for the transfer of material and goods between GOAL offices in Turkey.
- Ensure only authorized personnel access to the assets.
- Ensure the office complete monthly spot asset check and keep signed documents in the relevant file in Spare Point.
- Ensure Logistics paperwork for the office is properly completed and filed.
- Receive and send assets/documents to the required locations following the necessary guidelines and timeline.
- Support the induction of new staff in the office and ensure adequate workspace and relevant equipment is provided,
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards and assist with the energy management as directed by the OHS Focal Point.
- Check regular maintenance of the utility systems, assets and equipment in the office
- Assist in systems and program procurements as needed in collaboration/ cooperation with the procurement team; guesthouse and office-related supplies, furniture, IT equipment and hardware as needed,
- Execute and actively involve the market research when needed.
- Follow up procurement charts and authorization table accordingly.
- Plan monthly logistics cash needs.
- Take floats for office logistics needs monthly and close the float in accordance with GOAL Field Financial Manual.
- Follow up logistics related contracts, renewal times, new contract needs.
- Prepare weekly report for the facilities activities to Logistics Manager.
- Contribute to LSAT (Logistics Self-Assessment Tool) after the LSAT training has been given to him/her in quarterly basis for Antakya SSC office
- Take facilities and logistics requirements from program team related to office and liaise with logistics manager to fulfil the requirements on a timely basis.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive list. The Facilities Officer is expected to complete additional responsibility and tasks as requested by the line manager.
- Turkish Citizenship
- Minimum two years’ experience in logistics and admin related works
- Degree in engineering (electrical, mechanics, civil, etc.) or relevant degree for logistics duties.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical thinking
- Good English language skills, fluent in Turkish
- Solution focused, team player, able to work in a flexible, supportive manner to colleagues
- Competent computer skills, in particular MS Word and Excel and able to learn and implement other necessary drawing programs to facilitate the logistic works
- Able to travel 30% of the working time in city and to other cities
- Experience in stock management and/or asset management and/or warehouse management
- Experience in one or more cities like Adana, Sanliurfa, Mersin, Gaziantep and Hatay areas in terms of logistics and admin related works is desirable
- Experience of working in the INGO sector and multicultural environment is preferred
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 14 October 2021.
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.