|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2018/195|
|Position Title:||Field Assistant (Quality Control)|
|Classification:||6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4)–with possible extension|
|Deadline of Applications:||13 November 2018|
|Number of People to be hired||1|
|Eligibility:||Internal and External Candidates|
With the crisis in Syria in its fourth year,a political solution is still to be found as the conflict remain unresolved and the heavy fighting between the government and opposition forces has continued throughout the country generating regional refugee crisis. 3.9 million Syrian refugees are living in neighbouring countries, with over 2 million in Turkey.While over 260,000 Syrians are living in 25 camps across Turkey, the remaining 1.5 million (accounting for 85%) live outside of camps in urban and rural are as throughout the country.
IOM supports the implementation of the whole-of-Syria approach in the framework of the UN Security Council 2165/2191,authorizing the UN/IOM to initiate cross-border operations from neighbouring countries. IOM Turkey works with CCC Mand Shelter/NFI Clusters, international NGOs, and Syrian partners on identifying vulnerable displaced populations inside Syria, procuring required Non-food Items (NFIs),organizing transportation across the border, and distributing the items to Syrian people in need. In Turkey, in line with the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP),IOM is providing multi service assistance for Syrians including transportation,NFIs, support to food kitchens, voucher distributions, and support to community centres established by NGOs.
Under the overall supervision of the Monitoring and evaluation Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (Quality Control), the incumbent will be responsible for project sites technical monitoring visits, reviewing the quality of contractor work and documentation of implementation progress.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Field level monitoring all activities related to Quality Management System that include shelter, livelihoods and NFIs and communicate findings with the QC Assistant.
· Review contractor practices through consultation with beneficiaries and key informants and provide recommendations where remedial action is required.
· Monitor the implementation of planned quality control activities within allocated time frame based on work plans.
· Review construction materials, products and equipment used in project activities to verify quality and compliance with agreed QC standards.
· Maintain regular communication with shelter,M&E, livelihoods and NFI team to ensure good coordination.
· Conduct site visits to project sites to verify implementation progress based on project work plans and objectively report any implementation gaps to QC Team Leader.
· Produce site inspection and verification reports that include pictures, videos, GPS and other evidence.
· Verify prices of materials in local markets to ensure value for money of organizational resources and report any suspected incidents of fraud, beneficiary exploitation etc.
· Monitor specific quality standards and construction schedules are constantly met at all levels of construction and livelihoods projects and report any inconsistencies timeously.
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Engineer, Quality Control, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience in quality control;
· Experience in NFI, shelter and livelihoods projects;
· Experience in field level data collection and report writing;
· Basic understanding of quality control procedures.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country ofthe duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will beconsidered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM BirlikMahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 13 November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Finance Assistant (Compliance)
- National Migration Health Physician
- Project Assistant (Case Management)
- Project Assistant (Social Work)
- Project Assistant (Psychosocial Animation)
- Field Assistant (Quality Control)
- Operations Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant - Istanbul
- Data Processing Assistant - Ankara
- Migration Health Nurse
- MPM Programme IM-GIS Assistant (Displacement Tracking Matrix / DTM Turkey)
- National Project Officer (FAP)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Accountability to affected population)