|Vacancy Notice Number:||SVN#TR/2019/09|
|Position Title:||Field Assistant (Quality Control)|
|Classification:||6 months Special Short Term Graded contract – with possible extension (G4)|
|Duty Station:||Sanliurfa - Turkey|
|Deadline of Applications:||22 January 2019|
|Eligibility||Internal and external applications will be considered.|
|Number of Vacant Positions:||1|
With the crisis in Syria in its fourth year, a political solution is still to be found as the conflict remain unresolved and the heavy fighting between the government and opposition forces has continued throughout the country generating regional refugee crisis. 3.9 million Syrian refugees are living in neighbouring countries, with over 2 million in Turkey. While over 260,000 Syrians are living in 25 camps across Turkey, the remaining 1.5 million (accounting for 85%) live outside of camps in urban and rural areas throughout the country.
IOM supports the implementation of the whole-of-Syria approach in the framework of the UN Security Council 2165/2191, authorizing the UN/IOM to initiate cross-border operations from neighbouring countries. IOM Turkey works with CCCM and Shelter/NFI Clusters, international NGOs, and Syrian partners on identifying vulnerable displaced populations inside Syria, procuring required Non-food Items (NFIs), organizing transportation across the border, and distributing the items to Syrian people in need. In Turkey, in line with the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP), IOM is providing multiservice assistance for Syrians including transportation, NFIs, support to food kitchens, voucher distributions, and support to community centres established by NGOs.
Under the overall supervision of the Monitoring and evaluation Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (Quality Control), the incumbent will be responsible for project sites technical monitoring visits, reviewing the quality of contractor work and documentation of implementation progress.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Field level monitoring all activities related to Quality Management System that include shelter, livelihoods and NFIs and communicate findings with the QC Assistant.
2. Review contractor practices through consultation with beneficiaries and key informants and provide recommendations where remedial action is required.
3. Monitor the implementation of planned quality control activities within allocated timeframe based on workplans.
4. Review construction materials, products and equipment used in project activities to verify quality and compliance with agreed QC standards.
5. Maintain regular communication with shelter, M&E, livelihoods and NFI team to ensure good coordination.
6. Conduct site visits to project sites to verify implementation progress based on project workplans and objectively report any implementation gaps to QC Team Leader.
7. Produce site inspection and verification reports that include pictures, videos, GPS and other evidence.
8. Verify prices of materials in local markets to ensure value for money of organizational resources and report any suspected incidents of fraud, beneficiary exploitation etc.
9. Monitor specific quality standards and construction schedules are constantly met at all levels of construction and livelihoods projects and report any inconsistencies timeously.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
• University degree in Engineer, Quality Control, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• Completed High school from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in quality control;
• Experience in NFI, shelter and livelihoods projects;
• Experience in field level data collection and report writing;
• Basic understanding of quality control procedures.
• Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
• Turkish language skills desirable.
Inclusion and respect for diversity:
• Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity and transparency:
• Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
• Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 22 January 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- National Programme Officer (Immigration and Border Management (IBM))-re-advertised
- National Programme Officer (Immigration and Border Management (IBM))
- Senior Data Quality Control Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Senior MEAL Assistant
- Senior Project Data Assistant (M and E)
- Warehouse Assistant
- HR Assistant (re-advertised)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Accountability to affected population)