Vacancy Notice Number:
Multiple Duty Stations (Ankara, Bursa, Izmir, Gaziantep) – Turkey
Deadline of Applications:
6 November 2020
Number of Vacant positions
IOM Turkey is operating in a complex migration environment. The country is hosting over 4 million of migrants and refugees under various administrative status. IOM Turkey supported developing migrant integration policy and is implementing capacity building programs aiming at social cohesion of migrants in the country and strengthening the capacity of authorities at central and local levels. The incumbent under the direct supervision of the National program Officer and the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator will support the implementation and further development of the migrant integration portfolio in the Department for Migration Management of IOM Turkey. This position works under the direct supervision of a Senior Project Assistant (G6).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support communication among public institutions (Public Education Centers - PEC-, Governor office etc.) and implementing partners.
- Prepare and submit regular reports and do necessary analysis, maintain updates and progress reports as required by IOM standard procedures and liaise with DGMM.
- Act as a focal point for implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of SUYE trainings in assigned provinces, coordinate with PDMM to obtain necessary clearances and follow-up on administrative procedures.
- Support the organization of meetings, workshops and training sessions.
- Support and organize the dissemination of certificates, trainings and visibility materials.
- Monitor and determine administrative needs of PEC in close cooperation with SUYE Coordinator and inform project management team regarding these needs.
- Assist in administrative and logistical duties as required, including ensuring locations for outreach activities are organized and have all the required equipment and materials.
- Make regular visits to trainings in the province and prepare activity reports accordingly and collect evaluation forms and suggestion forms on time.
- Support the interpretation team to assist the PEC in providing necessary interpretation services for trainings.
- Promote productive workplan and provide coordination within the PDMM
- Monitor and coordinate teams in completing field support activities.
- Report periodically to IOM and DGMM, encourage information and experience sharing work environment
- Assist and coordinate effective communication and coordination among procurement, HR, finance, PI and reporting departments.
- Deliver orientation to new recruited personnel for further communication
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Education and Experience:
- School diploma with three years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Economics, Education or related fields from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations is an advantage;
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking, vulnerable persons and other vulnerable groups is an advantage; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic or Persian is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered. The approval of current employer (If applicable) is necessary for holding this position and advance written permission from current employer is necessary before assigned duties.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number and the city applied for in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 06 November 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Migrant Service Assistant
- Communications Assistant (Videographer/Photographer)
- Senior Project Assistant (Beneficiary Data Management)
- Project Assistant (WASH)
- On Call Project Assistant (Livelihood)
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- MEAL Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
- Senior Project Assistant (Psychosocial Support)
- MEAL Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
- Project Assistant (Case Management)
- Project Assistant (Social Work)
- Project Assistant (Outreach)
- Project Assistant (Recovery and Stabilization)