Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Education Specialist or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Field Education Assistant will:
Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Compile data and information on the UNICEF supported Education Programme activities in the respective assigned province(s) to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Support close contact and coordination between UNICEF and the school managements in the province(s) to arrange meetings, workshops and training courses pertaining to programme development.
- Support the implementation of communication plans for education related activities as needed.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results.
- Prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Conduct field visits and report on the implementation of the UNICEF supported Education Programme activities in the respective assigned province(s), including: implementation activities under RWP (e.g., teacher training, SVEP, CCTE and others).
- Support monitoring of the implementation of the UNICEF-supported non/informal education activities and early childhood education (ECE) programmes through partnership with the Municipalities, NGOs/CSOs in respected assigned provinces.
Support to resource mobilization
- Compile and organize information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Ensure proper visibility for UNICEF at the field level and support the organization of events, including donors’ site visits for UNICEF-supported activities.
Support in knowledge management and capacity building
- Gather and share information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
- Support UNICEF partners with technical trainings when needed to improve the quality of activities.
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. education or area related discipline.
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in planning and management education, social development, or other relevant programmes; experience with emergency and humanitarian response is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Turkish; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; Arabic language skills would be an asset
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in in children’s rights, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Other educational, teaching or training experience, Education policy and planning, curriculum development and teacher training, Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations
Driving license: No
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Turkey and legal residents in Turkey with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 17-09-2020