HUMANITARIAN MINE ACTION ASSOCIATION(iMFAD)
Position: Field Finance&HR&Admin Officer - (Aleppo/Ar Raee(Azaz)/Syria) field office, (Syria national position)
Deadline: 15 August 2020
iMFAD invites applicants for Field Finance&HR&Admin Officer who will be responsible to plan and monitor all finance, and human resources and admin activities of iMFAD field office in Ar Raee/Azaz/ Syria. S/he will be stationed in (Syria/Azaz/Ar Raee) to support our teams working in Syria. He/she will report directly to the Field Manager. The duration of this post is 10 months.
The main responsibility of the Field Finance&HR&Admin Officer is to follow up the office activities as correspondence, supply, purchase, delivery or repair activities to be functional as required. S/he will support Explosive Hazard Risk Education, Victim Assistance Referral Case Management & ERW Contamination Survey in NW Syria project personnel. S/he will support the teams working in the NW Syria by conducting activities and the arrangement of the purchases and expenditures in accordance with the iMFAD procedures on time, as budgeted. S/he will follow up the staff working in the program, prepare the attendance timesheets, combine and prepare the payrolls, perform the permit, etc. as directed by the field manager.
- Applications submitted by: 15 August 2020
- Review of applications: 15-17 August 2020
- Interviews: 17-21 August 2020
- Start date: no later than 3 weeks after selection
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Communicate efficiently with multiple teams/employees of different backgrounds or nationalities
- Organize and archive goods/assets/documents
- Report to Managers/Senior Managers/Directors as required
- Establish good relations with donors and partners in terms of daily communication, reporting and field implementation,
- In collaboration with the Finance and HR Coordinator, manage the monthly payments of the office in collaboration with the procurement department, and ensure that the proper documentation is processed in accordance with iMFAD regulations
- Manage the cash flow in office.
- Assist to the preparation of the payrolls and payment orders
- Any other tasks given by the Field Manager
- Managing the finance archive in the office
- Provide relevant input for the monthly accounting and financial reports
- Check and organize accounting documents (bills, invoices, financial supporting documents);
- Translate useful and necessary documents related to Finance when needed
- Prepare monthly supporting documents such as Inventory list and bank & cash reconciliation
- Archive all the documents relevant to the accounting, Finance, HR and logistics process
- Work closely with the operations team on the implementation of the projects
- Assist in the management of personnel files, monitoring and tracking of all records related to HR with all required signatures (recruitment, personnel documents, leave forms, contracts, job descriptions, approval emails, adjustments, vetting list, timesheet etc.).
- Assist in maintaining and providing regular updates on the personnel filing system
- Assist in implementing and keeping internal regulations up to date
- Maintain confidentiality of project and staff documents
- Keep record and coordination of the communication lines
- Assist in reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual HR reports).
- Manage all leave requests and leave the filing system.
- Monitor timesheets accuracy by managing leave filing system efficiently.
- Implement any other activity requested by administration
- Maintain a file containing job descriptions, staff employment contracts and other relevant documents, based on guidance provided by the Field Manager.
- Provide assistance with staff recruitment (e.g. drafting job descriptions, publishing advertisements of vacancies, consolidating applications etc)
- Maintain the programme office’s staff attendance and leave register.
- Update the programme office’s contact list for all staff.
- Assist in providing induction to new staff and other staff training
- Maintain the programme office’s equipment/asset register.
- Maintain a list of suppliers used regularly by the programme office.
- Provide assistance with programme office logistics, procurement and the payment of invoices.
- Provide assistance on drafting official documents to authorities or other organisations.
- Perform secretary functions in support of meetings and visits (e.g. arrange meetings and visits, and assist with the preparation of meeting minutes).
- English-Arabic translation, as required
This job description is intended to summarise the main duties and responsibilities of the appointment; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum two years office experience; prior experience working for international organizations or donors preferred.
- Ability to write clearly and coherently.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Communication: Strong communicator, negotiating, facilitating and presenting
- Costing and budgeting (some budget management experience)
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing, prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines;
- Computer literacy and excellent working knowledge of MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Have no obstacle to travel;
- Office administration and/or management experience;
- Syrian nationality is essential.
- Fluency in Arabic and English are required, Turkish is plus
- She/He should possess good oral and written skills both in English and Arabic.
- She/He must be highly motivated and results oriented
- 2 years or more experience in mine action field.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork;
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others;
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Commitment to the humanitarian principles;
Salary; The salary of the Field Finance&HR&Admin Officer will be approximately ….USD net per month.
CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining suitability for the position applied.
Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
Application requirement: covering letter (maximum 2 pages) and CV (maximum 3 pages) emailed to the address above with the reference number and the title on the subject section of the e-mail