Post Title: Field Officer
Location: Hatay, Turkey
Duration: 11 months with the possibility of extension (2 months probation)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 15.03.2019
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
Responsibilities of the Field Officer: As part of the project team, the Field Officer will have to fulfil following tasks and responsibilities:
A. Manage a quality service
- Carries out individual case management and SNF plans of refugee clients as part of the Case Management programme, and coordinates closely with the Case Management Team
- Communicates with service providers to ensure effective and appropriate interventions and follow-up, including for accompaniment to hospitals, service points etc.
- Communicates with partner organizations as needed, to ensure beneficiaries are referred and supported in a timely and appropriate manner
- Works closely with other related colleagues (protection expert, project officer, etc.), to ensure additional needs are identified and followed up.
B. Reporting and recording
- Collects all necessary client documentation and maintains an orderly system for each case
- Provides regular and accurate data for reporting on case management activities as required
- Reports protection gaps and trends pro-actively
- Respects confidentiality and the rights of the clients at all times.
- Has a positive outlook and treats refugee clients in a polite, professional manner.
- Support the Head of Project/Project Officer in planning for projects related to relevant activities of the project.
- Support in preparation of survey questionnaires relating to the project's activities.
- Testing questionnaires in the field and providing feedback for modification.
- Identification, verification and registration of beneficiaries.
- Preparation and checking of beneficiary lists.
- Data collection within assessments and post-distribution monitoring e.g. on the household satisfaction and utilization of assistance provided.
- Support in data entry and analysis.
- Conducting distributions of e.g. food and cash assistance, Case Management & SNF.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders from the Syrian community in Turkey.
- Establishing and maintaining close links between staff, beneficiaries and partner organizations.
- Translation of documents from English into Arabic and vice versa.
Experience and Qualification:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or similar preferred
Working experience: At least 2 years of working experience, preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Able to use a tablet and to enter data electronically
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments
- Experience in case management would be an asset
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a multicultural team, confident and self-assured personality,
good communication skills, must be able and willing to interact with refugee communities in a friendly and open
manner, good attention to detail, willing and able to work outside the office for a large part of the working time
Language Skills: Native Arabic language is required, good English and/or Turkish knowledge.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English with the subject Job Application – Field Officer
(SYR1066) to provided in the apply/başvur button no later than 15 March 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.