Post Title: Field Officer (Food Processing)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 12 months (with 2 months of probation)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 31.10.2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the colour of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Brief about the project:
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the resilience of the targeted households, (host community and SuTP) with prior experience in the open land agricultural sector and/or with experience in the field of food-processing and Mushroom production. The project will be creating income-generating opportunities through open land agriculture and Agro-Processing activities, building their capacity via technical courses as well as promoting social cohesion between and Syrian refugees and host communities in Turkey. Additionally, the project will focus on women empowerment and cooperatives to generate income and create a linkage between the host community and refugee communities.
General Position Summary:
The Field Officer ensures the day by day implementation of cooperative activities for agro-processing, follows the beneficiaries and progress of the activities, and prepare progress weekly reports on cooperative activities. He/she contributes to effective and timely completion of food processing activities, delivery of quality outputs, and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. S/He reports directly to the related Project Officer and Project Assistant.
Description of Duties:
As part of the project team, the field officer will be responsible for fulfilling the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitoring and documentation of the agro processing of the production in cooperatives.
- Delivering and monitoring r outreach activities including awareness sessions, through different channels to promote for the project and outreach interested candidates.
- Conducting interviews to select potential beneficiaries who are interested to do coopetative activity.
- Working under and closely agriculture expert and cooperative officer supervision and fulfilling the requests of the supervisors
- Providing customized technical support to beneficiaries who require a more hands-on approach, assisting beneficiaries on-the-agriculture production, conduct negotiations during marketing, and do day-to-day problem-solving.
- Being responsible for outreach, training, and follow-up coaching activities.
- Facilitating training for all project beneficiaries.
- Maintaining s beneficiaries’ records by reviewing case notes; logging events, progress and report his/her supervisor
- Providing assistance beneficiaries throughout the project life cycle, helping them to apply techniques promoted in the training, problem-solve during the implementation, and conduct regular data collection for project progress monitoring.
- Providing recommendations to supervisor for project quality as they evolve through time
- Facilitating, monitoring, and reporting on consultant activities.
- Supporting the Head of Project and other relevant project staff in the implementation of the project activities.
- Performing any other tasks related to the project when assigned by the supervisor(s).
- In addition to the above, the Food Engineer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project, Senior Project Officer, or other colleagues as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is highly desirable in Food Engineering or related degree
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a related position is preferable and preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Demonstrated experience in Cooperative management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, commitment, and motivation
- Prepare weekly work plans and organize his/her schedule in order to complete tasks in an appropriate manner.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments
- Knowledge of database applications is an advantage;
- Good Computer Skills and knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Office
- Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a transcultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail, co-operative, good humor, able to work independently and with remote supervision. Ability to adjust to the mentalities of the duty station. A high degree of self-discipline and diplomatic competence.
- Language Skills: Fluency in Turkish and English , Arabic is an strong asset
Whilst employed by Welthungerhilfe, the Food Engineer is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of work.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 31.10.2020 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.