Field Officer, Istanbul ESSN III
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||istanbul|
IFRC is currently seeking two Field Officers to join the ESSN III Team in Istanbul (Turkey).
Under oversight of the Field Coordinator the field officer will be based in the TRC ESSN regional office and will provide support to programme and field-level technical activities under the ESSN III program. S/he will be contributing to field level planning, coordination, capacity support and monitoring, whilst working closely with TRC field teams with the aim of assuring timely implementation of activities to meet operational objectives.
- Contribute to planning field activities under the guidance of the field coordinator and in close coordination with TRC field teams
- Be aware of TRC and SASF (Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations) capacity and report needs for mobilizing additional human and logistical resources.
- Arrange field level visits of management; including coordinating with TRC on preparing Joint Monitoring Missions (JMM) and other ad-hoc IFRC leadership mission.
- Actively support to the development of TRC field level planning processes
- Under leadership of the Field Coordinator, actively contribute to IFRC field level planning and assure TRC field office is aware of events and actions relevant to the technical capacity development.
National Society capacity Support
- Identify and communicate to Field Coordinator the field level TRC capacity support needs.
Coordination, cooperation, networking and partnership
- Maintain a good working relationship with TRC field and SASF offices; including making available relevant information for SASFs, PDMM (Provincial Directorate of Migration Management) and Nüfus in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in regional coordination and support field level coordination for planning monitoring and oversight activities
- Support relationship development between IFRC and SASFs, though supporting the field coordinators to foster trust and identify capacity support needs.
- Liaise with local public authorities, UN agencies, and international and non-governmental operating agencies.
- Identify sensitive issues relating to outreach, SASF allowance, protection and ensure immediate communication to IFRC management through the appropriate management line.
Programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Produce weekly reports and updates.
- Providing adequate oversight to assure field level organizational accountability
- Join TRC on field monitoring and provide oversight of field level activities to assure adequate quality of field level activities
- Regular feedback to IFRC management to assure leadership is fully informed on any material developments which could affect the project and/or IFRC.
- Coordinate with TRC for the Capacity and vulnerability assessments and work with all relevant actors to assure adequate skills, knowledge and capacity to fulfill high level of data collection.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualification
- Basic RCRCM Training Courses or humanitarian response training or equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in relief operations
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with an International Organisation, international non-governmental organization, NGO and/or government development agency
- Field experience in disaster and crisis management operations
- Practical experience in monitoring and assessments (including FGDs and interviews)
- Knowledge and understanding in the use of participatory tools in community planning approaches
- Experience liaising with government actors and general field coordination
- Experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Substantial experience in community led processes
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in cash transfer programming and/or social safety nets
- Background in report-writing
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Political and cultural sensitivity
- Effective team and project management skills
- Good mentoring and capacity development skills
- Good stress management skills
- Good analytical skills and solution focused person
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Demonstrated accountability
- Knowledge of the region and Turkey
- Strong skills in designing and using PMER concepts, tools, and best practices
- Experience in IFRC PMER systems and standards
- Fluently spoken and written English, Turkish and Arabic
Competencies and values
Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making, National Society and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation, Building Trust;
How You Apply:
Deadline: June 1st, 2020
Please note that the position will stay open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The IFRC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to workforce diversity.