Post Title: Field Officer – Translator for Nutrition
Location: Hatay, Turkey
Duration: Until end of March 2021 with the possibility of extension
(2 months’ probation period)
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 31.08.2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
WHH implements projects in Turkey assisting Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer, protection related interventions and livelihoods activities. WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. At times the duration of the announced post may be extended, however if funds are cancelled or cannot finance an extension, the activities may stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Responsibilities of the Field Officer:
As part of the project team, the Field Officer will have to fulfil following tasks and responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities
Translation & Online Training
- Provides written and/or oral translations that are needed during the implementation of the project(nutrition consultancy via phone, seminars, awareness raising session etc.) in Arabic-Turkish, in coordination with the Nutritionist.
- Translates written documents for online nutrition trainings and presentation in Arabic
- Acts as a presenter for nutrition video training in Arabic
- Conducts distributions of kit related the training
- Reporting and Recording
- Identifies, verifies and registers beneficiaries
- Prepares and check beneficiary list (consultancy, training etc.)
- Collects all necessary beneficiary documentation and maintains an orderly system for each case
- Supports tests questionnaires in the field and providing feedback for modification
- Supports in preparation of survey questionnaires relating to the project's activities.
- Conducts data collection using assessments and post-service monitoring e.g. on the household satisfaction and utilization of assistance provided
- Supports in data analysis
- Provides regular and accurate data for reporting on project activities as required
- Reports protection gaps/ or any other related humanitarian gaps and trends pro-actively
Coordination & Collaboration
- Supports the Head of Project/ Nutritionist in planning for projects related to relevant activities of the project.
- To communicate with partner organizations as needed, to ensure beneficiaries are referred and supported in a timely and appropriate manner
- Communicates with service providers to ensure effective and appropriate interventions and follow-up.
- Carries out household visits for the different project components if needed
- Establishing and maintaining close links between staff, beneficiaries and partner organizations
- In addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities, the field officer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Nutritionist & Head of Project
- Behavior and Ethics
- Has a positive outlook and treats refugee beneficiaries in a polite, professional manner
- To Respect confidentiality and the rights of the beneficiaries at all times
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (department translation & interpreting, social sciences, health-related)
- Working Experience
- 2 years experience (professional / volunteer) in a non-profit organization, preferably humanitarian area.
- At least 1 year of working experience in a similar position.
- Fluency in Arabic, Turkish spoken and good English knowledge.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience in nutrition or health related work is a strong asset.
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments is an asset.
- Experience in conducting training or awareness raising session is an asset.
- Personal Requirements
- Good communication skills
- Confident and self-assured personality
- To be able and willing to interact with refugee communities in a friendly and open manner
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to integrate in a multicultural team
- No military service liability for male candidates until March 2021.
- Turkish nationality is a must.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 31/08/2020 at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Referance code: Job Application Field Officer (Nutrition) –SYR1066
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.