Job title: Field officer
Job code: TR-PRO-0010
Application closure date: 26/09/2021
Location: Elâzığ - Turkey
Sector: Program unit
Takaful Al Sham Charity is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict-affected population.
Takaful Al Sham Charity partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programs, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Overall objective of Vacancy
The field officer is responsible for planning, conducting, and following up the implementation of project activities, in addition to field coordination with all stakeholders and close relations with beneficiaries.
1- Preparing, supervising, and conducting social cohesion activities in Turkey, Elâzığ city.
2- Preparing and supervising the implementation of non-formal education activities, in addition to support implementing protection activities in Turkey, Elâzığ city
3- Work to ensuring the achievement of the project's objectives within the vision and mission of the organization and the donor’s requirements, running project in the correct form under the supervision of project manager
4- Ensuring documentation and implementation in accordance with the requirements of the administration and donors and submitting periodic reports to them in a transparent manner.
5- Conducting an assessment of the needs of local communities and providing technical guidance to field teams and following up the project activities and tasks.
6- Preparing all required reports related to the project achievements.
7- Follow up and exchange information on a regular basis in everything related to the implementation of the project with the project manager and field teams and cooperate with the relevant stakeholders in the institution (programs - logistical - monitoring and evaluation) to implement the project activities.
8- Conducting outreach activities, and the ability to assess the community’s needs and requirements with regard to social cohesion, and protection & youth empowerment.
9- Performing any other tasks assigned to him by the project management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in social science
• Adequate level in Turkish and English language
• Experience for at least three years in similar projects in non-profit organizations in Turkey context.
• At least two years' experience in protection and social cohesion projects.
• Adequate knowledge in the context of protection and empowerment projects in Turkey
• Proficiency in working on MS Office software package, especially Word text editor and PowerPoint presentations program.
• The ability to lead teams, direct and coordinate, follow-up, initiate and develop
• A very good level of effective presentation and communication skills (orally and in writing).
• The ability to analyze and create solutions to problems
• Ability to communicate, negotiate, plan and organize.
• the ability to work under pressure.
• Residence in Elâzığ
• Facilitation skills
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Takaful Al-sham is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Takaful Al-sham's employees and volunteers are obligated not to practice sexual exploitation and abuse, in exchange for the services they provide, in addition to assuming their responsibilities to protect children from harm and abuse and to ensure a safe environment for them, and to work to create a safe work environment for everyone free from any form of harassment, abuse, exploitation or misconduct during work that diminishes the dignity and safety of the volunteer or employee.