Post Title: Field Officer (Antakya)
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Antakya, Turkey
Duration: 9 Months with the possibility of extension (2 months probation)
Closing Date: 18.11.2018
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making,politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
Responsibilities of the Field Officer:
As part of the project team, the field officer will have to fulfill following tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct field visits to beneficiary households for assessment and monitoring interviews
- Maintain and update existing lists of visited households, and report findings/updates backto team on a daily basis
- Contribute to reports based on field visits
- Act as the representative of Welthungerhilfe in the field, through communicating in a clear, friendly manner with beneficiary families and others
- Provide oral translation as needed
- Other tasks as the needs arise
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree or similar preferred
2. Working experience: At least 1 year of working experience, preferably in a non-profit organization, or otherwise in a humanitarian setting
- Able to use a tablet and to enter data electronically
- Experience in conducting interviews/assessments
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
4. Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a multicultural team, confident and self-assured personality,good communication skills, must be able and willing to interact with refugee communities in a friendly and open manner, good attention to detail, willing and able to work outside the office for a large part of the working time
5. Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic essential, and fluent in at least one of the following languages: Turkish, English (an asset)
Whilst employed by Welthungerhilfe, the field officer is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of work.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English with the subject Job Application – Field Officer (SYR1052) –Antakya to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 18, 2018
Onlyshort-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHHreserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profilebefore the above deadline.